Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techocd

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Canada
Went the Apple Store in Calgary, was told nano sims will not be available until Friday. Rogers was for vague but did not seem to have them or wasn't giving them out.

o.neill.kid

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2009
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
16 GB White/Silver - 273 on wait list at Rogers.com I tried ordering it at 3 AM, but the whole site crashed and I wasn't able to get it ordered until a few minutes after 6 AM. Hopefully it comes relatively quickly.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I just picked up a nano SIM card from Rogers. They sell them for 9.99 and they said they got the, in last week. If you are with Rogers you might want to pick one up now to avoid the crowds once the iPhone is released.

which rogers? I'm in Hamilton and have been calling around. Can't find one store that has them :-(

nyererei

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
fido has no nano card at their retail store... Apple store said "just pick one up from us on Friday!" :)

If we go to the apple store on Friday or anytime after that to get a nano sim, will we have to pay for one or do we get it for free?

I heard that they would give it to us for free? Not sure though.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I have a SIM for Fido (personal) and Telus (work) for my 4S...

Can I get new nano-Sims in advance? If so, can I switch my service over to the new nano-sims myself when my phone arrives? How?

Or do I need to take my phone to a carrier retailer and have them swap SIM cards?

What are the logistics/processes for switching sim cards?

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Not sure why Telus (or Rogers, or Bell) wouldn't just ship a nano-SIM with the phone. Nothing else will work with it.

Actually, just checked my Telus order, and a nano-SIM was included automatically.

Clint

bonenza

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Montreal
iPhone 5 16G Black - 294 on wait list at Fido.ca.

I hope to have mine friday.

edit : My position change to 78.. Weird.

Last edited:

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
In case I missed an earlier post, has anyone in Canada found a place which has the nano sims available today? I've called multiple places in North Vancouver and been told:

1: "What? No, there not even in Canada. We'll have them on the 21st but only for contract phones."
2: "I don't know. Friday maby?"
3: "No."

LYFK

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
iPhone 5 16G Black - 294 on wait list at Fido.ca.

I hope to have mine friday.

edit : My position change to 78.. Weird.

Mine dropped by about 120 spots too. I think there are some cancellations occurring due to the 16GB limitation.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Not sure why Telus (or Rogers, or Bell) wouldn't just ship a nano-SIM with the phone. Nothing else will work with it.

Actually, just checked my Telus order, and a nano-SIM was included automatically.

Clint

Ah, right. Forgot about the people buying direct from Apple! Bummer!

Clint

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
Reserved 16gb black online through Rogers. 7272 place in line. Wonder what my chances are to get one on or close to release date.

I went to talk to a Rogers representative in my local town in Southern MB. After telling him that I was 516th in line for a white 16gb model, he told me not to expect one on launch day.

I don't know if this is because I live in a rural area or because they won't have stock. So, take it for what its worth.

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
I went to talk to a Rogers representative in my local town in Southern MB. After telling him that I was 516th in line for a white 16gb model, he told me not to expect one on launch day.

I don't know if this is because I live in a rural area or because they won't have stock. So, take it for what its worth.

Some people's statuses have changed. I was in the 200s when I reserved w/Rogers and I'm now listed as "in progress."

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Picked up my nanoSIM from the store today as well.

Also, I just checked my sister's reservation on Rogers.com and she's moved up about 850 spots! She's number 650 for a 16GB White now when it was 1500 just last night. That's awesome!

Kaizen

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2006
Anyone willing to help me out by picking up an extra nano sim and mailing it? I'm like 300km from the nearest Rogers's store and even they are clueless about the new sims.

I'd gladly cover the cost and shipping.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.