Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom2893

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I have a 16GB iPhone 4 which is nearly 2 years old. I live in the UK

How much would I roughly get for just selling the handset?

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011

Thanks

I agree with the $350 comment. So probably not more than 220£.

----------

I have an offer of 200 for my iPhone 4 32gb. Should I take it?

Is it unlocked and does it come with the box and accessories? If it's a yes to both of those, then $200 would be on the low end and I would pass. A new unlocked 8GB iPhone 4 from Apple is still going for $450. I would try to push for $300 and see if you can get that.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I agree with the $350 comment. So probably not more than 220£.

----------

Is it unlocked and does it come with the box and accessories? If it's a yes to both of those, then $200 would be on the low end and I would pass. A new unlocked 8GB iPhone 4 from Apple is still going for $450. I would try to push for $300 and see if you can get that.

It's not unlocked and no box. Just charger, cord, and transparent back plate.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I am also looking for advice on selling mine.

Verizon iPhone 4, 32 GB. No cracks, but some scratches on the back. The front has two very fine hairline scratches that are extremely difficult to even find. The Home button has become finicky, and often doesn't register my presses (or sometimes it registers as a double-press instead of a single). It's kind of annoying. Lastly the screen has a small spot of yellowish discoloration in the middle the very left edge of the screen. I don't know where it came from, just sort of showed up one day. No water damage or anything, just regular use and I've had it since release (Feb 2011).

I still have the original box, and it will include the headphones (untouched, still wrapped) and the charging cord. Maybe even my car charger since I obviously won't need it anymore.

Any suggestions for a selling price?

Verizon will give me a $150 gift card for it. It's low, I know, but I wonder if it would be worth it just for the peace of mind, not having to go through the eBay route, hoping I get a good price, worrying about non-payers, shipping, etc...

Thanks for any advice guys. :D

Justin Apple

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
eBay instant sale would be the lowest price id take because it's based on the lowest sales of items for bid.

Right now an iPhone 32gb in good condition will get you 235$ on eBay.

You can easily add 100$ more for privet sale.

Trading it in to AT&T, Sprint, Verizon...
Is like selling a car, they want to make a profit. Best-buy will usually give you a better deal.

Having patience will help, search around, in my book don't take less than 300$ if its in good condition with at least the charger..

I won't except scratches on the front. Anyone not putting a 25-30$ Zagg on there 5-800$ device is a moron.

Make sure you also get several pictures of the device, that way you can actually see what your getting, and a return policy is a must! I understand normal wear, but I've learned the hard way on DOA devices.

Best of luck on your sales! Oh and I only accept Pay Pal, so you don't get jacked, and eBay will CYA for you.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
It's not unlocked and no box. Just charger, cord, and transparent back plate.

The you should price yours below what other companies are offering since most people would be able to get a better deal and a newer device through one of the major companies.

The only way I see you getting more is if someone that won't qualify for the phone on a credit check might buy it for more so that they can get a contract. Good luck.

robinthoms2

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2012

Thanks

According to movaluate.com latest price survey report you can get $350 for your 16GB iPhone 4.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yep...

Just sold my iPhone 4 (16 gig) with no scratches (ghost armor) for $200.

Only offer I got in a week of it being up on Craigslist for $250, then $230.

Phoenix, AZ.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.