Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Found my tracking # by using the "track by reference"! A couple questions though:

1. My UPS delivery guy usually comes here very late in the day like 630p - 700p. Will this change for the iPhone 5 delivery?

2. It says that the scheduled delivery date is 9/21, will it say that for orders that might have to come early? Does anyone have experience with early delivery for iphone 4 or 4s that could confirm this?

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been waiting for LTE for 2 years and I'm the last one of my friends to get a LTE phone.

You can intercept the Brown guy anywhere along their route. However, their routes may change or UPS may have a separate route established just for iphone deliveries.
My UPS driver drives right by my street, but due to overnight deliveries he has to hit the business parks first. I usually meet him there. He appreciates it, says time and having to back out of my street.

applefan022

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2010
Little Rock, AR
Last Location:
Arrived - ZhengZhou, China, Sunday, 09/16/2012

20 min ago it said departed from that same location. Maybe it left some sorting facility and now is getting ready to be shipped on the plane.

Has to make it to Lantau Island or (Chek Lap Kok), HK before it gets on a plane. From there it will leave VHHH on an plane.

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
Found my tracking # by using the "track by reference"! A couple questions though:

1. My UPS delivery guy usually comes here very late in the day like 630p - 700p. Will this change for the iPhone 5 delivery?

Regarding with the other poster said regarding next day early a.m., that isn't true. Anything marked next day air on UPS will be delivered by 10:30 AM in most (non-rural) markets. However both those services are domestic services. UPS has different class of service for international packages - you should be to see the class of service on the tracking page and reference that and UPS.com. However most residential deliveries have end of the day commitment time.

If you want to package earlier you can sign up for UPS my choice and pay a small fee to select your time of delivery. You won't be able to select very early in the morning but I believe they have slot starting about noon if that's something you're interested in.

twowinns

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
McKinney, Texas
Since Fedex ships faster, I think East coast and Central customers will receive their phones from them. Leaving Mountain time and West coast customers with UPS.

I've had 'preparing for shipment' for 4 different i5's since yesterday.

Can confirm because the UPS method doesn't work for me.

I'm in Texas, and am able to confirm my status through UPS.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Regarding with the other poster said regarding next day early a.m., that isn't true. Anything marked next day air on UPS will be delivered by 10:30 AM in most (non-rural) markets.

I worked for UPS and I can tell you that couldn't be further from the truth :D

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
wow

OMG i hate you guys haha jk im stuck in processing I know everything is good to go my card has been charged its pending and the money is withdrawn I want to get a tracking number already but i guess Friday will get here soon enough hopefully after some football today it will change, thankfully this week we got Monday night football, Tuesday sons of anarchy, Wed will be straight death I guess, Thurs football again, plus work oh how i love that, sorry im rambling ive sacrificed the sacred plant to the fire gods and just wanna talk iPhone

anyone think we will get them early? i know 4 got delivered early did 4s? I don't think the new Ipad got delivered early so maybe they have put a stop to it? Hope not

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
... My UPS delivery guy usually comes here very late in the day like 630p - 700p. Will this change for the iPhone 5 delivery?....

Some of us (like you) might think this is a big deal. For the UPS and Fedex drivers, it is just another box on the truck. No big deal. Okay, it may be a bit of a deal as they will have some extra deliveries that day. Guessing the average driver has a handful each. Again, just another day.

albertsw

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
Mine says "Order Processed: Ready for UPS".
Does this mean its still at the factory?
I ordered mine at 3:10 AM ET.

micawoli

macrumors member
May 28, 2010
It would say Early AM right next to 1 day . The chances of a shipper using that are slim to none. You can find out more info here

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/next_day_am.html?WT.svl=SubNav

I don't see the "Day 1" you speak of. But I can't find it anywhere, so I doubt I have early AM.

Regarding with the other poster said regarding next day early a.m., that isn't true. Anything marked next day air on UPS will be delivered by 10:30 AM in most (non-rural) markets. However both those services are domestic services. UPS has different class of service for international packages - you should be to see the class of service on the tracking page and reference that and UPS.com. However most residential deliveries have end of the day commitment time.

If you want to package earlier you can sign up for UPS my choice and pay a small fee to select your time of delivery. You won't be able to select very early in the morning but I believe they have slot starting about noon if that's something you're interested in.

Mine says shipped by "UPS Worldwide Express". So I guess it will be here at 1030a or noon.

If your iPhone is being shipped by UPS Worldwide Express, it should be at your door before 12 noon on Friday.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/express.html

"Delivery by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon"

I know this is getting very meticulous, but how could I find out if it is 10:30a or noon. I want to be here for the delivery because the nearest sorting/main UPS facility is 30 min. away (I live in Denver). And I had to pick up my iPad from them one time and had a horrible experience. One person working, didn't know where it was for a bit, said it might not be until 10pm until I get it (2 hour wait). But then it came 20 min. later. It was just a horrible situation.

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
I worked for UPS and I can tell you that couldn't be further from the truth :D

Okay, let me say this. Anything marked next day air should be delivered by 10:30 AM in most populated markets. You can see your market's commit time by looking up a table on UPS.com. Basically, if UPS doesn't deliver the package by the commit time the shipper get a refund on the shipping costs. It is very easy to look up a commit time on UPS.com. But again, these are domestic services we are talking about and not relevant for the iPhone delivery discussion. You would have to look up the commit time for the particular international service that Apple is using, which should be displayed on the tracking page.

Juicy D. Links

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Okay, let me say this. Anything marked next day air should be delivered by 10:30 AM in most populated markets. You can see your market's commit time by looking up a table on UPS.com. Basically, if UPS doesn't deliver the package by the commit time the shipper get a refund on the shipping costs. It is very easy to look up a commit time on UPS.com. But again, these are domestic services we are talking about and not relevant for the iPhone delivery discussion. You would have to look up the commit time for the particular international service that Apple is using, which should be displayed on the tracking page.

Diff types of Next Day Air and also residential NDA stuff has a longer window to be delivered by.... Commercial NDA stuff has a earlier window.. this is for domestic stuff....

International might be diff

rnizlek

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Washington, DC
Let me add that the later overnight service that UPS offers is called next day air saver for domestic packages - perhaps that is some of the confusion. In some smaller markets next day air saver is not available, and UPS uses end of the day commit times for next day air. This is usually in smaller, more rural markets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.