Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrksale

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2012
Mine has shipped via ups from china. Ordered from apple. Tracking found on ups.com, track by reference and use your phone number.

Thank you so much for this. Yes, my iphone5 (32GB/GSM) also shipped via UPS and waiting in china with lottta of its siblings.:)

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
Does anyone know if Verizon will give out a form of tracking? I still have my pre-order confirmation number, and I can put that in to check the status, but it still says "your order has been received and is being processed" with a date of 9/21 on it. It's possible that mine hasn't shipped yet, but I saw someone say that Verizon doesn't allow you to track your package. Did anybody who ordered through Verizon last year get a tracking number?

Also, I live in an apartment style dorm building. We have people at the front desk 24/7 who take packages and sort them for each student. Will they be alright signing for my package?

mattalter

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago, IL
Just did the UPS reference lookup. Mine is in the USA already! 16GB Blk Sprint, ordered at 1215am PST.

In Transit: On Time
Business
Day(s) Left5

Change Delivery
Request Status Updates
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 09/21/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Nashville, TN, United States, Sunday, 09/16/2012

Additional Information
Shipped/Billed On:09/15/2012Type:packageWeight:0.80 lb

Shipment Progress
What's This?
Location Date Local Time Activity
Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 8:36 A.M. Origin Scan
United States 09/15/2012 12:25 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Same with mine. Weird, I did not expect any of them to be in the US yet.

Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 11:04 A.M. Origin Scan

omgitzv2

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
Does anyone know if Verizon will give out a form of tracking? I still have my pre-order confirmation number, and I can put that in to check the status, but it still says "your order has been received and is being processed" with a date of 9/21 on it. It's possible that mine hasn't shipped yet, but I saw someone say that Verizon doesn't allow you to track your package. Did anybody who ordered through Verizon last year get a tracking number?

Also, I live in an apartment style dorm building. We have people at the front desk 24/7 who take packages and sort them for each student. Will they be alright signing for my package?

I ordered from both Apple and Verizon and my Apple iPhone has shipped but I have not received anything from Verizon at all.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Does anyone know if orders that were placed thru carriers like Verizon are starting to pop up as shipped and/or have any info?

Check the Verizon sticky at the top of the forum that's why they're there.

----------

Question, everyone who is getting the tracking information ordered directly from Apple.com or also the ATT/VZ or sprint's website ?

I ordered at about 1:42 am on the 14th and am in California (Assume UPS) BUT I ordered directly from AT&T.

Still no tracking avail from UPS site. :-(

Check the stickied AT&T thread. Last year I never got any tracking updates. I got a tracking number, but it's first update was the day my phone delivered (launch day).

HighFlyers

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
It found my package on UPS with both my billing phone number and AT&T order number, but not all details were available yet. I'll take this as a good sign though, I was a bit worried since I ordered at 7:30am Pacific, and then had to call to confirm my identity which I didn't do until 10:30am Pacific due to work.

billinaz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Goodyear AZ.... for now.
I see mine us on the way! Its a 64GB white GSM version. I got it ordered at about 20 after midnight.

The line that I upgraded didnt show the status but the main phone number on the account pulled it up. Try all the phone numbers you have!

Delivering to AZ.

iphonestatus.gif

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011

Last year, I ordered the 4S when it was first available for preorder and I was able to track mine. I didn't get a tracking email from Verizon until two days before it was delivered, but I think I remember finding it before that with the reference number.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
I see mine us on the way! Its a 64GB white GSM version. I got it ordered at about 20 after midnight.

The line that I upgraded didnt show the status but the main phone number on the account pulled it up. Try all the phone numbers you have!

Delivering to AZ.

I also ordered a white 64gb and mine is coming to AZ. Haha.

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Does anyone know if orders that were placed thru carriers like Verizon are starting to pop up as shipped and/or have any info?

No but in the past few hours the backorder status changed from 1 to 0. No other info yet. ATT told me they would be shipping them Fedex overnight.

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
My tracking number is showing TWO packages, both weighing 0.90lbs?! I only ordered one phone though...

Multiple Packages:2
Shipped/Billed On:09/15/2012
Type:package
Weight:0.90 lb

Packages in this Shipment (Total Packages: 2)

Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Order Processed: Ready for UPS
09/15/2012
09/15/2012
UPS Next Day Air Saver®
UPS Next Day Air Saver®
0.90 LBS

Why two?!

pbrooks

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
My 64 black, one of the first ordered @ 11:59pm (Pacific), is sitting in a warehouse in ZhengZhou and heading for SoCal.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Someone make me feel better and tell me they ordered right when preorders started, but still can not view their tracking info by searching by reference...

renesandy

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
Someone make me feel better and tell me they ordered right when preorders started, but still can not view their tracking info by searching by reference...

Did you get a 16GB?
If so, it appears those are already in the US and require less travel time, that's why it hasn't been located on UPS. My 16GB still does not come up on UPS, but is "pending shipping" on Apple's website.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Did you get a 16GB?
If so, it appears those are already in the US and require less travel time, that's why it hasn't been located on UPS. My 16GB still does not come up on UPS, but is "pending shipping" on Apple's website.

Yes it's a 16GB. Mines "prepared for shipping" on Apple's website.

alan7467

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011

I got my order in with apple at 14 after for a 32GB and mine still hasn't shipped. Perhaps some of the 32's are in the US as well...

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Perhaps i'm not doing it right.

On FedEx:
Account no-Stays blank?
Reference number- is my billing address phone number?
Ship Date-Today?

UPS:
Package is checked
shipment refrence-billing address phone number
shipment range-8/19-9/16
shipper account-blank?

HighFlyers

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
Perhaps i'm not doing it right.

On FedEx:
Account no-Stays blank?
Reference number- is my billing address phone number?
Ship Date-Today?

UPS:
Package is checked
shipment refrence-billing address phone number
shipment range-8/19-9/16
shipper account-blank?

Try Mail Innovations

mikeh20

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
Did you get a 16GB?

16GB BLK Sprint here that is in UPS.

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 09/21/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Nashville, TN, United States, Sunday, 09/16/2012

Additional Information
Shipped/Billed On:09/15/2012Type:packageWeight:0.80 lb

Shipment Progress
What's This?
Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 8:36 A.M. Origin Scan

mcarthon

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Road trip to Illinois?!?! Lol
Why does mine weigh 2 lbs?

In Transit: On Time
Business
Day(s) Left5

Change Delivery
Request Status Updates
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday,*09/21/2012,*by*3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Addison, IL, United States, Sunday,*09/16/2012

Additional Information
Shipped/Billed On:09/16/2012Type:packageWeight:2.00 lbs

Shipment Progress
What's This?
Addison, IL, United States 09/16/2012 9:53 A.M. Origin Scan

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Since Fedex ships faster, I think East coast and Central customers will receive their phones from them. Leaving Mountain time and West coast customers with UPS.

I've had 'preparing for shipment' for 4 different i5's since yesterday.

Can confirm because the UPS method doesn't work for me.

FedEx ships all over the world. I'm on the West Coast, everything I order from Apple.com that originates from China, is routed through customs in Alaska, then on to California.

Best of all, Apple ships FedEx overnight by 10:30 am next day. It's nice to not have to wait until late in the day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.