Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Thank's for the encouragement Jaffa.

I'd like also to point out the t!llionaires being 149th within Germany :D...a clear indicator our managers/coaches here aren't that gifted.

Sad thing is I will face Hardly to beat Athletic - with an 8-pointer in my pocket already. So no entertaining transfers this week either...oh my, oh my

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Right folks – we're back in action today, with the next Gameweek deadline at 11.30am GMT.

I've taken advantage of the international break to restructure the Cores with my wildcard, and I reckon that The Stoplights won't know what's hit them this week. ;)

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Right folks – we're back in action today, with the next Gameweek deadline at 11.30am GMT.

I've taken advantage of the international break to restructure the Cores with my wildcard, and I reckon that The Stoplights won't know what's hit them this week. ;)

I forgot to update my team :( Bummer!

Last edited:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC

I picked the wrong week to spot you 8pts. That Hazard-RVP combo will be nasty! You'll have to beware of my front three though. RVP, Tevez and Torres are ready to unload! Game on!

------

Edit:

No RVP? Doh. It could be all about the VC pick today.

Last edited:

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
I'm going to need Everton to come up big on Monday otherwise this week will be a complete loss for me.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I picked the wrong week to spot you 8pts. That Hazard-RVP combo will be nasty! You'll have to beware of my front three though. RVP, Tevez and Torres are ready to unload! Game on!

------

Edit:

No RVP? Doh. It could be all about the VC pick today.
Hazard did nothing either. Coincidental because I transferred him into my team, replacing Bale who this weekend scored 11 points?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Fizzy's Flyers 34 - 32 pachyderm fc :(
But the Wendies Derby isn't over yet!

Pachyderm FC's defender McCartney didn't play this weekend, so the first player on the subs bench will take his place – and that's Fulham's Kacaniklic who racked up 10 points. That means that once this is taken into account, the score stands at 34-42. However, Fizzy still has Cisse to play tonight so if the Newcastle striker bags a couple of goals or assists then he could still take the points.

Blimey, isn't this edge of the seat exciting stuff?! :eek: :D

EDIT: My apologies - Fizzy has a player who didn't play either (Arsenal's Koscielny), his replacement though (Sunderland's Colback) only picked up 2 points. That means when subs are taken into account the score is at 36-42.

Last edited:

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Ahh, but Koscielny didn't play either, replaced by Colback with 2 points, making it 36-42, so even closer!

Will Cisse finally find the net tonight, or was he just a half season wonder..?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Fortunately Ben Arfa doesn't know that he has to score THAT many goals and assists today :eek:

..and if he doesn't deliver, transfer modalities are just about completed with the Bale-management.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Congrats Commisioner Cakes. Your Sporting Dual-Cores were too much for my Stoplights. If you happen to be in London tomorrow I'll shake your hand personally!:eek:

MattAtlanta

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Terrible week.

Tried to strengthen my team with RvP (which seemed like a no brainer) and to do so, had to shuffle some people around thus accruing a 12-point transfer fee.

Didn't get any production from RvP, much less the rest of my team, and couldn't manage to beat Horizon Heights.

Well played Sunil Singh!

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
But the Wendies Derby isn't over yet!

Pachyderm FC's defender McCartney didn't play this weekend, so the first player on the subs bench will take his place – and that's Fulham's Kacaniklic who racked up 10 points. That means that once this is taken into account, the score stands at 34-42. However, Fizzy still has Cisse to play tonight so if the Newcastle striker bags a couple of goals or assists then he could still take the points.

Blimey, isn't this edge of the seat exciting stuff?! :eek: :D

EDIT: My apologies - Fizzy has a player who didn't play either (Arsenal's Koscielny), his replacement though (Sunderland's Colback) only picked up 2 points. That means when subs are taken into account the score is at 36-42.

it is now...

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Ooh, when and where? I work in central London :)

I'm staying in Islington. What an awesome city! Unfortunately I've got a terrible fever. Been sick both days I've been here, which is why I'm on MR right now instead of touring. :( We had to leave Buckingham Palace for fear I'd pass out at the gates. We leave in the morning for Paris. Can't believe on my trip-of-a-lifetime I'm feeling miserable. My spirits aren't dampened though. I've really enjoyed everything we've seen.

Where do you work/live? We've been all over town so I'm sure I was close. My brother and his wife moved over here about a year or so ago and they LOVE IT!

Side note:
I bought a pack of Jaffa Cakes today at the store. My stomach hasn't let me try them yet, but I'm very curious.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
If you happen to be in London tomorrow I'll shake your hand personally!:eek:
Unfortunately, I'm a fair distance away in Hull! Well, I say unfortunately – it's well ace here. :p

Anyway, that's another round of Cup fixtures played – here's how we all got on;

The Stoplights 25 - 42 Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic 54 - 29 T!llionaire Toyshire
Pinstripe City 35 - 34 Brainerd FC
Tall Saints 49 - 31 Elisbury Hill
Argy-Bargy 33 - 39 Horizon Heights
LITH United 26 - 48 Woodingtonhampshire
Mancunian Mopheads 35 - 26 Omaha Latics
Thigh High Socks 54 - 48 Neutron Heath
Fizzy's Flyers 38 - 42 Pachyderm FC

Which leaves the table looking like this;

_CupTable1213.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.