Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Apple has enough money to give one billion people a free iPhone, assuming the $650 price tag.

First (as some1 already said) they "only" have just over 100bil cash

But second if apple were to give iphones away it would cost them alot less than 650per device thats what they sell them for so assuming they had it in cash they could give away over 2billion!!

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Can anybody hear the Bubble about to burst? It will crash and it will make a lot of people mad :cool:

negative nelly! :)

good for them. like them or hate them, they've done things right.

I'm just ticked I didn't buy some when I first held the iPod and told me wifey that this was going to change things.

Just had a baby at that time, couldn't do it.

bummer! lol

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
With no substance. This growth is based on pure hot air. Especially when Apple blows itself.

Please. "No substance?" Do you even look at their profit numbers? Their revenues? Their cash-on-hand? Or are you just spouting ignorance?

This level of growth is stupid, we last saw this sort of growth leading unto the dot com boom and the the big bust.

Enough with the pointless dot.com comparisons. You know why we had the dot.com bust? BECAUSE THOSE COMPANIES WEREN'T ACTUALLY MAKING ANY MONEY!!!

This value of Apple has no substance behind it. The assets they have and profits are not enough to maintain this share price.

Keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes:

Nothing like armchair stock analysts to keep things...entertaining.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
From what I understand, UPS delivers from CN to the US, then Fedex takes it from there to residential/businesses. I was told this by a Fedex employee. Mine is slated for 9/21 and is "on time," as well - my order went through at 3:12 Eastern

Ahh I see - well my order status shows as processed and awaiting shipment and says 9/21 as the delivery date so I guess I shouldn't worry!

EDIT: Just realized I put my work cell number as my billing phone number :p. I have one in Nashville and one in Chek Lap Kok!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Let me know when you are going back to 1996. I'd like to take that trip. There are quite a few things I'd like to sign my name to.. Apple, Google, Angry Birds, Facebook, several lotteries and a few world series.

I'm assuming you'd put a reminder in your Palm calendar to short FB on the date of the IPO.

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
I smell a big fat bubble worst than 08.

Use that cash to build all apple mfg. plants in US.

Really? sign on to MacRumors as a newbie just to put up garbage.

Did you know the '08 bubble was cause by bad Real Estate loan to any fool who applies. Apple just pre-ordered 2 million is 24 hours, there's actual demand for Apple products.

Write again when you have some faces.

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
Bought Apple as my first single stock ever the morning of the iPhone 4S launch, price was down from the final rumors that there would be no iPhone 5 back then, price up over 80% since then. Booyah, paying for my and my wife's iPhone 5s.

warfed

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
Over-inflated based on what? Based on incredible revenue and profit?

Well for one thing declining market share in both phones and tables and lack of recent innovation. Buying Apple stock is a gamble it could pay huge or you could lose everything... there really is no way to tell. A few years ago people would have called you a fool if you said that RIM is going to plummet.

Since they have a limited number of products there is very little room for failure.

You could earn money on AAPL but it's far from a safe investment at this point.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Really? sign on to MacRumors as a newbie just to put up garbage.

Did you know the '08 bubble was cause by bad Real Estate loan to any fool who applies. Apple just pre-ordered 2 million is 24 hours, there's actual demand for Apple products.

Write again when you have some faces.

I agree - but this made me lol

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
Apple's stock will only get higher this fall/winter. Probably spiking after the holidays than hitting another high with a new iPad in the spring at some point.

I see the iPhone 5, iPod Touch w/colors, iPod Nano & the release of new iMacs & the much-anticipated iPad Mini in these next couple of months to only jumpstart another exponential increase in stock price.

Apple is killin' it... 2012 will be magical. :cool:

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Both of you should hang on to that crystal ball! Everyone is great at predicting the past. But predicting the future -- now that's worth something.

My comment isn't a prediction - it's based on present fact (cash + P/E). :)

Lochias

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2008
Virginia
And the harm?

Really do you have to post Apple stock prices? Like that has anything to do with the ownership or use of Apple products. It's usually the cheesy Apple cheerleading Websites that post Apple stock prices in big fonts so fanboys who don't own any Apple can go "rah rah rah, we're cool".

Just a thought.

Obviously they do not have to post AAPL, any more than Microsoft-related sites have to post MSFT, or Google GOOG. The fact is that interest in a company is often in more than one aspect (though there are Mac enthusiasts who would rather the iPhone just go away).

I have at least a casual interest in tech stock values, as when the price for one that I depend on for parts suddenly tanks.

johncrab

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This is what happens when a company treats its customers with respect, builds great products without trying to chisel an extra ten cents off of each, leaving junk and turning loose creative minds while keeping them focused forward.

GM took the opposite approach with what they call "value engineering". They build a product then strip it down as far as they can and still get people to buy it. There is a slight difference in the market cap of the two companies today.

johncrab

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Good points about the dot com bubble. Most of those companies were highly speculative ventures in an era of throwing money to see what would stick. Most did not make any money. Most failed because they had an idea and no place to go with it. Apple came through that era by making products people wanted to buy and controlling both hardware and software ends of the stream. Nobody else does this. Computers, phones and tablets are slapped together out of parts that are made to fit each other. Apple takes a systems approach.

Norad

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Go ahead and sum all the others value numbers maybe Apple can help them with loans... " inser auto fandroid/troll hate comment reply " i dont care. Apple wins !

Attachments

• apple stock.png
    apple stock.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 122

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Bought Apple as my first single stock ever the morning of the iPhone 4S launch, price was down from the final rumors that there would be no iPhone 5 back then, price up over 80% since then. Booyah, paying for my and my wife's iPhone 5s.

So you are selling then?

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
Well for one thing declining market share in both phones and tables and lack of recent innovation.

Declining market share in recent quarters, but not year over year. Recent quarter decline means pent-up demand for the new model. Further, the supposed "decline in market share" is a complete guess by analysts since only Apple has the balls to report actual sales figures. There is not a single Android manufacturer that is providing that information. In the USA, where carriers have reported smartphone share, we saw iOS increase market share at a faster rate than Android did.

Secondly, lack of real innovation? Seriously? I could buy a parrot if I wanted to hear that garbage any more. Let's put it to rest right here:

1) In-cell touch-screen technology for which Apple has related patents is brand new and amazing.

2) A6 processor is a custom design from Apple (not the A9 or A15 from ARM). A15 was designed for servers and not optimal for smartphones, so Apple designed their own while everybody else uses the licensable designs from ARM. The result: the fastest mobile processor in any smart phone. Twice as fast as A5 and benchmarks exceeding all competitors.

3) Thinnest lightest smartphone in the world while packing LTE with great battery life. Part of this is on Qualcomm for delivering a chip to handle LTE, GSM, and CDMA all in one, but part of it is on Apple for (1) refusing to compromise on power-hungry chips and (2) making the whole package exceed the battery life of previous models and competitors while supporting LTE.

4) iOS has continued to out-perform competitors with half or sometimes one-fouth the RAM that competitors use in their devices. With iPhone 5, you get double the RAM of last generation which means the performance is going to skyrocket.

5) iPhone 5's screen has perfect color reproduction. The next closest mobile display is that of the retina iPad 3 which was almost near-perfect. The iPhone 5's display can be used for color reference it is so good.

6) The lens cover on the camera on the iPhone 5 has a sapphire crystal to allow it to be thinner to allow slightly more room for the optics beneath, and yet with a thinner design they have produced a camera that takes better pictures and especially better pictures in low light.

7) They created an all-digital connector that supports the basic charging and syncing that you would get with standard micro or mini USB port from competitors, but also supports HDMI output, VGA output, and a host of other functions while making it reversible as well. Meanwhile the connector is 80% smaller than their previous 30-pin connector.

That is just the hardware improvements. The software improvements in iOS 6 are awesome and there are about 200 of them. What did Jelly Bean bring to Android? Two things: decent UI performance with project butter (finally) and Google Now. Somehow adding 3D vector-based maps with turn-by-turn and fly-over and an incredibly useful "Passbook" software to carry all your tickets and coupons and updating Siri to do a ton of new functions is less innovative than the competition?

Any idiot can build a giant screen smartphone and shove in a separate chip for LTE and one for 3G and shove in more battery to compensate for power usage while increasing the weight of the device and giving it a crappy pentile display with cruddy color reproduction.

Only Apple can build an incredible smartphone like the iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.