Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Yes that is correct. It should remain unlocked, but some people that used unlock fusion recently have gotten relocked. If that happens to you, just message him.

What ??? Some people got relocked ? That makes me concerned as i just got my 3GS unlocked and have a 4S coming which will also need unlocking.

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
What ??? Some people got relocked ? That makes me concerned as i just got my 3GS unlocked and have a 4S coming which will also need unlocking.

Some people have been reporting being relocked, but unlock fusion responded to some of them that AT&T updated their databases in preparation for the iPhone 5 release. Just be on the look out, and if you get relocked, message unlock fusion ASAP. It's mainly been 4S's that have been relocked since they're technically not supposed to be eligible for unlocks atm.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Some people have been reporting being relocked, but unlock fusion responded to some of them that AT&T updated their databases in preparation for the iPhone 5 release. Just be on the look out, and if you get relocked, message unlock fusion ASAP. It's mainly been 4S's that have been relocked since they're technically not supposed to be eligible for unlocks atm.

This is scary. What does unlock fusion respond apart from the "att updated database" since that reason does not seem related to iphone 4S being relocked again.

projectone

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2008
mine relocked. :mad:

Messaged him on ebay. It's been 1 business day, so i'll give him a full 48 hours before I take some kind of action.

I definitely would wait at least a couple days to before selling so it doesn't relock like mines.

devenb

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
Unlock Fusion worked for me, but I haven't gotten the message saying that my phone was unlocked. I'm in China, and after getting the unlocked email from Fusion I put a China Mobile sim card into my phone and plugged it in to Itunes. The phone was recognized, but I could not control click on the icon in Itunes to do restore or backup. Instead, on the phone screen it said activation required with a slide bar underneath. Opened the phone, connected to Wifi, and after a few minutes of activating my phone started receiving China Mobile service. Everything has been working fine so far, and I still have my jailbreak. Can anyone confirm that my phone is now completely unlocked? Thanks

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
mine relocked. :mad:

Messaged him on ebay. It's been 1 business day, so i'll give him a full 48 hours before I take some kind of action.

I definitely would wait at least a couple days to before selling so it doesn't relock like mines.

Do report what he replies and how it goes. Is it iPhone 4S ? I just applied for unlock of my iPhone 4S which I am yet to receive from the seller (I got the IMEI number of the phone). I suggest you also post on modmyi forums.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
@devenb

Yes it is unlocked but as the poster above you said, he got it relocked. This is something which is worrying me.

ultravioletfly

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
I got mine unlocked middle of last week through unlock_fusion. iPhoneox.com showed the unlocked status at the time. I didn't go through the restore process at the time, but after seeing this thread, I restored my iPhone, and I never got the "unlocked" message in iTunes. In addition, iPhoneox.com now shows my phone as "locked," so something has changed since last week.

I went to a T-Mobile store, and they popped in a SIM card that they popped out of a credit card sized thing. An apple logo splash screen came up upon restart, and said "activation required." then, it tried to find wifi (or connect to iTunes at the bottom). I couldn't do that at the store, so I exited out of the screen, and in the top left corner, it said "No service." So the T-mobile rep took that to mean that the phone was still locked. It didn't say "invalid SIM" or anything else.

Waiting for a return reply from unlock_fusion.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
^^you too please share with us what reply you get. There is a dedicated thread on modmyi about unlocking and there is lot of mention of unlock fusion.

projectone

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2008
@rak007 It's a 4S.

To anyone else who reads this, now that I thought of it... If your phone was successfully unlocked and you want to do a full restore, check on iPhoneox.com to make sure it shows that its still unlocked.

Otherwise you might end up in my situation. Not knowing it relocked and did a restore through itunes.

Once its activated and unlocked by itunes it should stay that way.

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
@rak007 It's a 4S.

To anyone else who reads this, now that I thought of it... If your phone was successfully unlocked and you want to do a full restore, check on iPhoneox.com to make sure it shows that its still unlocked.

Otherwise you might end up in my situation. Not knowing it relocked and did a restore through itunes.

Once its activated and unlocked by itunes it should stay that way.

My SIM lock status on iphoneox.com says unknown even though I got the Congratz message from iTunes and was officially unlocked 9 hours ago. s-url.ro also says that I'm still unlocked, so I guess there are some unusual situations.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
My SIM lock status on iphoneox.com says unknown even though I got the Congratz message from iTunes and was officially unlocked 9 hours ago. s-url.ro also says that I'm still unlocked, so I guess there are some unusual situations.

After all this i am everyday checking the unlocked status of my 3GS on the IMEI checked sites. Also have applied for unlock of the 4S that i bought online. It is still in pending state as per the seller.

DigitalDawn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
I'm slightly confused.

With an IMEI unlock from Unlock Fusion, do I have to deactivate and reactivate my phone every time I change sims?

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I'm slightly confused.

With an IMEI unlock from Unlock Fusion, do I have to deactivate and reactivate my phone every time I change sims?

Not everytime but only the first time after you have been told that it is unlocked. You should get message from iTunes saying the phone is Unlocked.

ultravioletfly

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
I checked iphoneox.com this AM, and it showed unlocked again for my iPhone 4S. Upon restore, got the Congrats message.

A few minutes later, got an email from unlock_fusion saying that my iPhone was unlocked. Again. This unlock better hold.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I checked iphoneox.com this AM, and it showed unlocked again for my iPhone 4S. Upon restore, got the Congrats message.

A few minutes later, got an email from unlock_fusion saying that my iPhone was unlocked. Again. This unlock better hold.

haha yes i know how you must be feeling. I too requested unlock for my 4S (i am yet to receive the phone) and i got message from unlock fusion that it is unlocked. The IMEI checker websites also say it is unlocked but i shall keep monitoring the IMEI checked to see if it remains unlocked.
This keeps us on our toes all the time.

Last edited:

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Got my 4S unlocked this afternoon via fusion. Got the good message in iTunes. Currently restoring from iCloud.

Hoping to use this in France at the end of the year with an Orange SIM card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 1.59.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-18 at 1.59.42 PM.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 360

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Got my 4S unlocked this afternoon via fusion. Got the good message in iTunes. Currently restoring from iCloud.

Hoping to use this in France at the end of the year with an Orange SIM card.

Keep monitoring for next few days. People who got their phones unlocked through the same seller are reporting that they got locked again. Not trying to scare but keep on checking the IMEI sites for unlock status and your phone as well.

projectone

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2008
update: I never got a response. Emailed him multiple times through ebay. Went with someone else and got it unlocked again. Guess my phone was one of the few that got relocked by their process.

Doing a dispute.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
update: I never got a response. Emailed him multiple times through ebay. Went with someone else and got it unlocked again. Guess my phone was one of the few that got relocked by their process.

Doing a dispute.

Can you let me know where else did you go for doing the unlock (after unlock fusion). You can mention here or PM.

jacobss

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
Netherlands
Wanted to try unlocking mine today but I had some other problems not related to iPhone etc. Who is willing to help me with $9 so I can unlock my iPhone, I can do graphic design :eek: :( :D :( :D

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I also bought an unlock from him today. I got the email saying my 4S was unlocked. I restored the iPhone twice and iTunes never prompted me saying it was unlocked. Just sent the guy an eBay message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.