Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
It s been pending since i ordered at 4:16am et.....now its gone anybody had this problem yet?.....

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It'll show up again.

I remember with my 4S, I had an initial pending charge and it fell off and I didn't actually get charged until 3 weeks later.

Josh220

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
It's like everyone is brand new to credit cards all of a sudden... What's with these posts? Have you never used your credit card before the iPhone purchase?

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Pending transactions can come and go all the time. Have you never bought gas and then looked at your credit card?

Yea that's what I figured just was checking if this happened to anyone else with their iphone pre order......my order is still showing up on the site and still has the correct date..

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
My bank even said that it was scheduled to clear on the 19th....I wasn't worried just was wondering if it happened to someone else so far....

Last edited by a moderator:

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
It's very common for a pending transaction to disappear a day or two before posting in full.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Yea I know just was seeing if this has happened to others...some are saying they already got charged in full...

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Every bank is different I'm sure. If you're unsure, call your bank. I never really checked but I never saw a pending transaction mine, and was charged in full today. I ordered with a debit card and I'm with a credit union.

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Same thing happened to me last night. It appeared in pending transactions and then disappeared after a few hours. I was worried, but then I got my tracking number and shipment notification this morning.

Don't worry, they'll get their money one way or another.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Every bank is different I'm sure. If you're unsure, call your bank. I never really checked but I never saw a pending transaction mine, and was charged in full today. I ordered with a debit card and I'm with a credit union.

Yea I us tdbank first time fording with my debit card and the transaction disappeared....

----------

Same thing happened to me last night. It appeared in pending transactions and then disappeared after a few hours. I was worried, but then I got my tracking number and shipment notification this morning.

Don't worry, they'll get their money one way or another.

Did u order through AT&t website?

Last edited by a moderator:

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
A) pending transactions fall off after a certain amount of time. Means nothing.
B) stop watching your bank transactions so closely and trying to add meaning to them. Last year I never saw even a hint of an authorization or charge until a full week AFTER I had my 4s in hand.

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
A) pending transactions fall off after a certain amount of time. Means nothing.
B) stop watching your bank transactions so closely and trying to add meaning to them. Last year I never saw even a hint of an authorization or charge until a full week AFTER I had my 4s in hand.

Geesh that was a while...Im not really stressing it...just was curious

janee24

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Just got shipping info

This changed quickly :)

Attachments

• ajajjs.JPG
    ajajjs.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,831

supervelous

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
my pending transaction for the iphone and Apple Care is still there for $423, but my 105.29 for presumably just Apple Care is cleared....so right now the amount of Apple Care is double counting against my account balance.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Happened to me too with this pre order and the 4s before. With the 4s, they took the money out and then it disappeared 2 days later and finally got charged about 3 weeks to a month later.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Never mind!. I just checked my bank and it appeared again and it shows it as a completed transaction. With the 4s it took almost a month but with the 5, took only 2 days!.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.