Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted by The Tech Block, Samsung has released its latest smartphone commercial taking aim at the iPhone, this time promoting its flagship Galaxy S III by parodying Apple fans waiting in line for the iPhone 5.

The 90-second ad highlights several Galaxy S III features including S Beam file transfers accomplished by bumping phones together and the larger display. The ad parodies Apple fans' interest in the iPhone 5's relocated headphone jack and new Lightning connector, while also portraying the phone as uncool by showing one Galaxy S III user saving a place in the iPhone line for his parents.

galaxy_s_iii_iphone_5_ad.jpg

Article Link: Samsung Releases New Galaxy S III Ad Poking Fun at iPhone 5 Launch

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Bitter, party of one, your table is now ready in the misery section.

And havent we been "bumping" for quite some time now? How the F is this new and cool?!

TheOrioles33

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2008
Samsung is like that friend who tells the same joke over and over. Not funny anymore and very stale and uncreative.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
A dog growls the most when it's cornered and scared. That's right. Be afraid Samsung. Be very, very afraid.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
Wow, Samsung sure are fast at putting out new ads... About anything but themselves. First it was the comparisons in the papers, now this. I don't think Samsung even care about the $1bn that just lost.

Good job iPhone 5's are selling like there's no tomorrow... at least this is some revenue for Samsung, selling parts to Apple.

JesalTV

Aug 24, 2012
London
To think I was tempted by the S3 a few weeks ago. You're actually just annoying me into buying an iPhone 5.

Maybe next year, Samsung!

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I always think it is funny when Apple fan boys stereo type is made fun of and how up in arms that same crew gets.

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
They're worrying so much that they had to make an ad flaming the iPhone. Any other phone but it had to be the iPhone!

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They actually tried to show of that "Samsung Beam" thing. Maybe it would have been better if you didn't have to be 1cm away, they just looked so awkward putting their phones up to each other. I also can't ever imagine someone waiting in line for the iPhone 5 and thinking "Nah, F*c* this, I'll go get a Galaxy S3."

mbarriault

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
I always think it is funny when Apple fan boys stereo type is made fun of and how up in arms that same crew gets.

I think a major difference is that Samsung is doing this with zero humour. They're not trying to roast, they're trying to make Apple users feel and look inferior to Samsung users. When there's no humour, it's just insulting.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
I'd watch the ad but I'm busy downloading iOS 6, the latest version of the iPhone operating system onto my 3GS, a three and a half year old phone. I wonder what version of android the Samsung will be on in 2016?

Last edited:

hirshnoc

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Nobody in line for the iPhone talks like that, and nobody comes up with other phones to show them off. And the acting was really bad. And I checked the features of the Samsung that are supposedly different from the iP5 and all they are are labelled differently from what's already on the ip, but because they can't patent infringe, they call them different things.

Wait, they already DID patent infringe.

HangmanSwingset

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Everett, WA
Yeah, sure, go ahead and insult the people that have the money you want in your wallet. That'll get you far.

Seriously, because of these commercials, whenever I see someone with a GS3, I don't think "Wow, gee willikers! I wish I had THAT phone!"
It's more like "Get a load of this douche with the God complex..."

And as Caliber26 stated, we've been 'bumping' for a while now. And by 'we' I mean a whole 12 people.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
"Oh my God, you can transfer playlists just by touching phones?"

Weird ... I saw an Android user who said: "Oh my God, you can download apps without frantically praying it's not malware?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.