Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
iMessage Clear Sync between devices

I like the new iMessage on all of my devices but I would like to CLEAR the messages and then have then CLEAR on all my other devices as well. Right now it appears to only remove the messages from the device I CLEAR them on. Kind of a hassle to have to go into each device and CLEAR them. I have a MacBook Air, iPhone and iPad. I will be get a Mac Mini when/if they release a new model. So 4 devices to manage.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Can anybody get their phone number to activate as a message destination / caller ID in Messages for OS X? I inputted my phone number and it says it sent an email, but I haven't received anything on my phone.

Tuck

Same thing happening to me... messages sent to my phone number are most certainly NOT coming up in notification center, and when I send them, it still shows them as coming from my email address.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
You have to login to your facebook account first.

Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > facebook

----------

Simply do not login to facebook in settings. You'll never see anything from facebook in that case.

What would be better is selective integration. I don't mind the idea of posting links directly, but Facebook is not getting anywhere near my contacts. I have a little more respect for my friends' privacy than Facebook does.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Where do you add your phone number in the Messages app? I don't even see the option, I only see one to add an email address.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Downloaded and the installation conked out halfway through with an error message saying the download was corrupt. Cannot see a receipt for the download and the App Store is saying my notebook is up to date (at 10.8.1).

Roll on combo update.:(

chrisbru

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
Austin, TX
Can anybody get their phone number to activate as a message destination / caller ID in Messages for OS X? I inputted my phone number and it says it sent an email, but I haven't received anything on my phone.

Tuck

It's working for me - But I did it in iOS 6 and Message on OSX automatically recognized that I linked my phone number to my iMessage account. I'm not sure how to do it directly from Mac.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
It's working for me - But I did it in iOS 6 and Message on OSX automatically recognized that I linked my phone number to my iMessage account. I'm not sure how to do it directly from Mac.

That makes no sense, why would it have anything to do with iMessage in iOS 6?

stockinvestor

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
my battery on the mac book pro retina improved to 7:30 min on the settings i have - which is basically - wlan on, light in keyboard off, light on screen 3rd highest setting.

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
rMBP Battery life now

100% 8hr 28 min.

With Safari, Mail, iTunes only open.

Brightness about 40%, Keyboard lights 1 tick on.

I have 43 cycles.

Update: 99% 8hrs 48 min.

Last edited:

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
guys, I would highly suggest not updating. I just updated on my r-mbp, and it keeps freezing.

UPDATE:
probably need to install the efi update.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.