Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
guys, I would highly suggest not updating. I just updated on my r-mbp, and it keeps freezing.

Obviously it's tested and working for thousands. Because YOU have an issue (likely software conflict or something you've got unique to your computer), it's silly to say people shouldn't update. YOU should call Apple Support.

morespce54

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2004
Around the World
You have to login to your facebook account first.

Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > facebook

----------

Simply do not login to facebook in settings. You'll never see anything from facebook in that case.

I'm might be wrong but I'm not so sure about the "You'll never see anything from facebook" without login part of your statement. I didn't sign-in on twitter yet I see it as a sharing option. Of course, if I choose to tweet something, OSX bring me to the pref pane to sign-in.

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Does anyone see where the option is to use your phone number with iMessage? Am I missing something. I do not see anything changed.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Obviously it's tested and working for thousands. Because YOU have an issue (likely software conflict or something you've got unique to your computer), it's silly to say people shouldn't update. YOU should call Apple Support.

nope. actually it's a known issue that the new EFI update will fix (that shows up on 10.8.2 systems now that I realize).
what the hell is a software conflict?

Last edited:

gondor5

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2006
Any news on the sound stuttering issue? Did it get fix? I had to got back to Lion because of it.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
I installed it on my MacBook Air, and when it rebooted, I tried to log in and immediately something crashed and all over the screen was text, for a fraction of a second. I was then presented with a screen that said it crashed, to hit any key to continue (or wait). I did so, tried to log back in, and it seems to be OK. Freaky.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
nope. actually it's a known issue that the new EFI update will fix (that shows up on 10.8.2 systems now that I realize). idiot.
what the hell is a software conflict?

Not sure why you're name calling. Just because you're not educated to what a software conflict is (do you know what a HARDWARE conflict even is?), and don't know to check to see if there are multiple updates, there's no reason to call ME an idiot.

vishalduggal

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
Switching between Mission Control windows is faster now, making it more easier and faster to work with multiple windows.

Is "Snap to Grid" option new here or was it already available?

34yrath.jpg

Last edited:

party

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2012
Hong Kong
Full brightness, full keyboard brightness, Safari, mail (with push notifications), FB integrated (with push), Messages and Notes open. 4:27 battery life, not bad at all!

jeffgtr

macrumors regular
May 9, 2005
It all sounds great but Facebook?

The absolute LAST thing I want is Facebooks tendrils in my mac. I'm assuming there is a way to completely disable it, I really don't want to see the FB logo in my system. I find this a bit troubling.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
Not sure why you're name calling. Just because you're not educated to what a software conflict is (do you know what a HARDWARE conflict even is?), and don't know to check to see if there are multiple updates, there's no reason to call ME an idiot.

did you just do the equivalent to: "teacher, he called me an idiot"?
give me an example of a software conflict that would cause OSX to freeze.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
I'm very interested to see how long my rMBP can last now on the battery. I was getting 3.5 hours of heavy use and up to 4.5 hours of light surfing and word processing.

If you're interesting in getting a history log of how well your battery lasts check out BATTERY LOGGER on the App store. It stores a history for how long your battery has lasted on a charge. You can go back days and days. But it gives you a real good feel as to your usage. Awesome app!

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
The absolute LAST thing I want is Facebooks tendrils in my mac. I'm assuming there is a way to completely disable it, I really don't want to see the FB logo in my system. I find this a bit troubling.

I can only find 1 place where it is (so far) and that's in the "Mail, Contacts and Calendars" Preferences pane.

Just don't configure it.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Anyone else not getting sounds for Facebook notifications?

Edit: Never mind. Just realized some don't have the option for sounds.

Last edited:

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Odd. In the iCloud control panel, it tells me I need to update iPhoto or Aperture for photo stream. It doesn't give me the option to, just says learn more. I check iPhoto and it says it's the latest version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.