Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
did you just do the equivalent to: "teacher, he called me an idiot"?
give me an example of a software conflict that would cause OSX to freeze.

What is an example of a hardware issue causing the problem, since you and I have the same laptop and I updated just fine with zero issues.

Our software installed is most definitely different, and our hardware identical I would put my money on a software conflict as well.

dillacom

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2006
Odd. In the iCloud control panel, it tells me I need to update iPhoto or Aperture for photo stream. It doesn't give me the option to, just says learn more. I check iPhoto and it says it's the latest version.

same here. must be an update coming for Photo Stream sharing

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
What is an example of a hardware issue causing the problem, since you and I have the same laptop and I updated just fine with zero issues.

Our software installed is most definitely different, and our hardware identical I would put my money on a software conflict as well.

there is no hardware issue, he's just making stuff up.

pingloss

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2011
Odd. In the iCloud control panel, it tells me I need to update iPhoto or Aperture for photo stream. It doesn't give me the option to, just says learn more. I check iPhoto and it says it's the latest version.

Got that too...iPhoto still opens and Photo Stream works ok. Maybe there's an update coming but they've not released it yet?

JoeRito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New England, USA
The absolute LAST thing I want is Facebooks tendrils in my mac. I'm assuming there is a way to completely disable it, I really don't want to see the FB logo in my system. I find this a bit troubling.

I agree... I removed FB from my reminders pane and closed the account (a while ago) and don't have annoying FB references as a result. Let's keep it clean I say....

chrisbru

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
Austin, TX
That makes no sense, why would it have anything to do with iMessage in iOS 6?

Because adding a phone number only does any good if you have iOS? Like I said, I don't know if there is a way to do in Messages on OSX, but if you link them in iOS 6 then it does it automatically for Messages.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
The absolute LAST thing I want is Facebooks tendrils in my mac. I'm assuming there is a way to completely disable it, I really don't want to see the FB logo in my system. I find this a bit troubling.

Yep, you don't have to use it at all. You will see the logo in the screen where that option is available, but that should be it.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

Attachments

• update.png
    update.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 155

MacAPOL

macrumors member
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
No Twitter/Facebook

On my iMac (320mb upgrade), the twitter integration on notification center just disappeared, and there is no clue of any facebook thing.
On my Macbook Pro 2010 (520 mb upgrade), Twitter still there on notification center, but no signs of Facebook either.

Edit: FixeD

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.