Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
:D

Samsung,

Thanks for the free ad. But you still owe us $1+ Billion.

iLove,
Apple

PS
Your phones are fugly, that's why. Spend your money on great tech designers.

:D

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I always buy iPhones, and would never buy a samsung, but the ad is pretty amusing.

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
So I guess they were implying at one point that only old boring people want the iPhone and that young cool people want the SGSIII?

And what is up with them referring to it as the "Samsung GS3"? I guess they don't even want to build a brand behind the name "Galaxy" anymore.

Other than that, some of it was rather clever, but not enough to sway me :D

rsnc

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2012
this ad is a perfect representation of how a company like samsung thinks

never miss an opportunity to bash apple in an ad..

..apple rarely, if ever, mentions the competition in one of their ads...its all about the phone and what it can do.

samsung is more concerned with what apple is doing than anything..its almost weird

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I just saw this on YouTube minutes ago, but it was an ad before watching a music video..

Stupidest advertisement ever. They are obviously pissed as hell because they got the crap sued out of them.

It's really immature to overly make fun of the competition. If you are confident in your product, let your product speak for yourself. This only shows that Apple is superior to Samsung, and Samsung is trying WAY TOO desperately to win over Apple fans. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Look at the S3 and then look at the iPhone. You can tell which product is superior from the get-go.

That commercial was so annoying though... "but it has a bigger screen now", "yeah we've had that for a while"...it should have said "yeah I know, and ours are getting bigger and bigger"

Samsung sucks, it's official. Well it's more official.

And if I ever see two guys putting their phones together, I'll slap their teeth out.

Last edited:

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
While I really like the sharing features of NFC, usually when I want to share something, I'm not near the person I want to show it to anyway, which is why I'm pretty happy about the photo stream sharing ability in iOS6, so I can share a bunch of photo's easier instead of using MMS or email. I have to admit that I would love to try out the GS3 sometime or any high end Android device, I just don't want to spend that kind of money on "spare" phone just to try it out.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
yes hipster bashing!

i love the iphone, but it did make fun of the idiots who think everything apple does is "omg genius"

but that has nothing to do with apples phone.
funny ad though.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
with what? samsung bloatware?

:rolleyes:

-The $30 adapter everyone is going to have to buy
-Bringing attention to the people waiting in line just to advertise/sell their phone
-Finally getting features like LTE, bigger screen that have been around on other phones for over a year
-Lack of NFC
-Lack of true multi-tasking

Lyrical

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012

-Bringing attention to the people waiting in line just to advertise/sell their phone
-Finally getting features like LTE, bigger screen that have been around on other phones for over a year
-Lack of NFC

So basically Samsung is branding their potential customers as stupid. What a way to win over new customers. Good job Samsung.

Its bad enough on these forums where people try and justify why their phone is better but when a company starts doing it, it makes them look pathetic.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
While I really like the sharing features of NFC, usually when I want to share something, I'm not near the person I want to show it to anyway, which is why I'm pretty happy about the photo stream sharing ability in iOS6, so I can share a bunch of photo's easier instead of using MMS or email. I have to admit that I would love to try out the GS3 sometime or any high end Android device, I just don't want to spend that kind of money on "spare" phone just to try it out.

you're in luck because i did. this guy does a great job at pointing out the weaknesses in ios vs. android:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky

-Lack of NFC

Why is everyone going to have to buy the adapter? If it wasn't for my wife using her (imo stupid) Bose sound dock we would never have needed one. I would just make do with the one cable that came with the phone until cheap cables were readily available. I'm sure many are the same.

Guy88

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Phones now a days are more about the software working with the hardware. I think after all these years android has definitely improved however iOS just works. It makes sense how many hundreds of phones are there that use android? Its hard to make an OS that works for so many different phones.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
So basically Samsung is branding their potential customers as stupid. What a way to win over new customers. Good job Samsung.

Its bad enough on these forums where people try and justify why their phone is better but when a company starts doing it, it makes them look pathetic.

a company trying to show why their phone is better than the competition is wrong? i hope you are not in the marketing business.

there is a lot of truth behind apple customers being 'stupid' as you say. a lot of people buy apple for the brand and don't know much about specs, even when certain features like LTE, bigger screen have been around on other phones for a while.

therationalist

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Thats actually quite a good ad. love the way it shows how old folks are stuck with iphones and the cool people have moved on to the S3.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Why is everyone going to have to buy the adapter? If it wasn't for my wife using her (imo stupid) Bose sound dock we would never have needed one. I would just make do with the one cable that came with the phone until cheap cables were readily available. I'm sure many are the same.

yah, many people are the same. there is a good chance they have some device other than the cable that needs the adapter, just as your wife does. cheap adapters are already available. that doesn't stop people from wanting to buy the genuine one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.