Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therationalist

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
this ad is a perfect representation of how a company like samsung thinks

never miss an opportunity to bash apple in an ad..

..apple rarely, if ever, mentions the competition in one of their ads...its all about the phone and what it can do.

samsung is more concerned with what apple is doing than anything..its almost weird

LOL..weak trolling. 10/10 for effort though. You remember antennagate? when Steve Now dead jobs had to bash other phones for losing signal to make up for the cluster **** that was the IP4 antenna?

rsnc

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2012
if by "bash" you mean compare..they yes..he BASHED them

..what apple did was conduct a test with all of the devices and shared the results..

...i love how you actually think you are going to win this argument

bmik33

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Their advertisements really do scream, "desperate".

That's how I think of these ads. I would never go back to android after my droid usage. I just like the iphone design too much to switch. I really think 4" is the perfect screen, maybe 4.5" anything bigger makes you stretch.

Oh well. There's a phone for everyone.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
That's how I think of these ads. I would never go back to android after my droid usage. I just like the iphone design too much to switch. I really think 4" is the perfect screen, maybe 4.5" anything bigger makes you stretch.

Oh well. There's a phone for everyone.

not if you want to stick with apple. this is why android is growing in popularity.

Lyrical

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
a company trying to show why their phone is better than the competition is wrong? i hope you are not in the marketing business.

there is a lot of truth behind apple customers being 'stupid' as you say. a lot of people buy apple for the brand and don't know much about specs, even when certain features like LTE, bigger screen have been around on other phones for a while.

My point was making an ad to try and ridicule another company is like begging for custom. And Im sure there are "stupid" android customers aswell who only buy a new phone for an even bigger and laggier experience.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
My point was making an ad to try and ridicule another company is like begging for custom. And Im sure there are "stupid" android customers aswell who only buy a new phone for an even bigger and laggier experience.

presidential candidates do it, why can't competing tech companies? it is obvious u don't like android. any new one released is faster and less laggy than before. find me a jelly bean phone that is slower than its previous gen

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
:rolleyes:

-The $30 adapter everyone is going to have to buy
-Bringing attention to the people waiting in line just to advertise/sell their phone
-Finally getting features like LTE, bigger screen that have been around on other phones for over a year
-Lack of NFC
-Lack of true multi-tasking

1. Uh, you don't need a $30 for an iPhone to work.
2. I'm 100% Samsung wishes people would do that for their products
3. Yes, LTE has been out for over a year. Point me to one review that doesn't say how horrible the battery-life was in 2011 Samsung LTE phones. Apple has standards and unfortunately it delays adoption of certain tech.
4. Valid complaint.
5. What can't you do with iOS multi-tasking vs. Android's? (Legit question).

The more personally their ads gets against Apple, the more weak they look. Same goes for any ad that bashes competitors.

Lyrical

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
presidential candidates do it, why can't competing tech companies? it is obvious u don't like android. any new one released is faster and less laggy than before. find me a jelly bean phone that is slower than its previous gen

Presidential candidates and phones are very similar indeed.

Ive had an android for 2 years and I think that gives me the right to hate it. Ive had an awful experience.

jester0723

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Virginia
I'm not bashing Samsung phones - they're fine I'm sure, and I'm not in any position to talk as a Blackberry owner.

But the touch to share thing reminds me of Microsoft's Zunes that tried to take on the iPod by being able to share songs a certain number of times with other nearby zunes. It brought about the question: who the **** owns a zune? I only know one person with a SGIII and I'm guessing they'll run into the same issue with this "feature"

LatinaC09

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
The first Samsung ad that made fun of apple was amusing to say the least I mean I laughed but now it's just kinda stale and not really funny....like somebody said here it just screams desperate lol.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I'm not bashing Samsung phones - they're fine I'm sure, and I'm not in any position to talk as a Blackberry owner.

But the touch to share thing reminds me of Microsoft's Zunes that tried to take on the iPod by being able to share songs a certain number of times with other nearby zunes. It brought about the question: who the **** owns a zune? I only know one person with a SGIII and I'm guessing they'll run into the same issue with this "feature"

I've got plenty of friends with Android phones, I'm pretty sure this feature isn't limited to the GS3. I know one of them that has the HTC One X and I believe the other has the GS3. I'm pretty sure the One X can do this as well.

At least it sounded like it when he was having a flame war with me on facebook about ordering the iP5.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011

I agree. I personally have no interest in NFC and I can see it as a feature I'd turn off if a phone I bought had it.

Anyway, there are so many android phones out there that even if your friends had android, there is no guarantee that it would be a Samsung.

I actually considered looking into the android and windows phones as options before I ordered but the iPhone hit all the marks with me. It seems like this type of ad is geared for other android users and doesn't seem like it would be something to sway someone away from an iPhone.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I actually thought that video was classier than some of their previous stuff. They just make direct comparisons. They don't go out and call anyone fools. It's all implied. Clever marketing. Much like the Mac v PC of yesteryear. :)

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
:rolleyes:

-The $30 adapter everyone is going to have to buy

The number of mobile interface connectors Apple has introduced in the past 9 years:

Lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-cable.jpeg

The number of mobile interface cables Samsung has introduced in 9 years:

41J43rxBWzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-Bringing attention to the people waiting in line just to advertise/sell their phone

Which is something Samsung wishes they had for their phones. If Fandroids were standing in line for the "GS3" when it first came out, would Samsung be ridiculing or discouraging them from doing it? I wonder...

-Finally getting features like LTE, bigger screen that have been around on other phones for over a year

...because having a technology that I still have less than a 50% chance of actually having coverage on, and talking on a device that is larger than my head, are TOTAL must-haves...

Oh wait! The iPhone 5 has those things! So I guess it's not a deal breaker after all.

If Samsung has to say "IT TOOK THEM THIS LONG" as their major gripe, well, it's kinda a moot point now. The 5 has these features now. Deal.

-Lack of NFC

Don't want it.

-Lack of true multi-tasking

Don't notice it.

Last edited:

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
LOL..weak trolling. 10/10 for effort though. You remember antennagate? when Steve Now dead jobs had to bash other phones for losing signal to make up for the cluster **** that was the IP4 antenna?

Antennagate was a real issue, but not as bad as many in the media were making it out to be. I have NEVER lost signal on my iPhone 4 in the two years I have owned it by placing my finger on the gap- and I know I'm not the only one. All Steve Jobs did in that press conference was point out that the iPhone is not the only phone in the world that is affected by hand positioning. Still though, the person you quoted was talking about ads, not press conferences.

And trolling? I do believe *you're* the one bashing the iPhone on a forum full of Apple fans.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
1. Uh, you don't need a $30 for an iPhone to work.
2. I'm 100% Samsung wishes people would do that for their products
3. Yes, LTE has been out for over a year. Point me to one review that doesn't say how horrible the battery-life was in 2011 Samsung LTE phones. Apple has standards and unfortunately it delays adoption of certain tech.
4. Valid complaint.
5. What can't you do with iOS multi-tasking vs. Android's? (Legit question).

The more personally their ads gets against Apple, the more weak they look. Same goes for any ad that bashes competitors.

1. There are a ton of different scenarios where one would need that adapter. The simplest one would be having multiple charging cables. Of course you will be using the lightning cable that came in the box, but what about that 30 pin you have in your car or office?
3. That is true. I expect the next big Samsung phone to increase in battery life to be more competitive with phones like the RAZR MAXX and iphone 5.
5. -You can't download something while doing something else
-Picture-in-picture video playback
-Background apps pause when you are running your main app. For example, if you start loading something in Safari, switch to messages, then go back to Safari, the website will not have loaded. Another example would be if you were uploading a file and switched to another app; the upload would get paused.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Anyway, there are so many android phones out there that even if your friends had android, there is no guarantee that it would be a Samsung.

That's the other problem: this isn't even a universal Android feature, or even a universal-to-Samsung feature... but a feature specific to this single model of Samsung phone. I don't expect all of my friends and co-workers and anyone else I might want to share photos with to have an iPhone; I likewise wouldn't expect them all to have a GS3. I'll post my photos to facebook, and then it won't matter what they have or if it has NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.