Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
I try to connect my iphone and my wifes iphone to our wifi and after it connects. It opens Safari and loads Apple.com with Log In in the header?

This is weird!

FIXED! Apple has done something on their side.

Last edited:

ejdmoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2009
I'm seeing this too--iPad and iPhone.

Apple seems to have removed the HTML page that they use to check if you're behind a wifi hotspot paywall.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
I think this is the worst iOS release to date.
And Steve would've never allowed this.

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I just started encountering this problem too! It seems a part of Apple's site might be temporarily down, as it wasn't happening earlier. Of course, now I'm wondering what is it about connecting to WiFi that Apple is transmitting to itself. :confused:

bostonte

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Yep, here too... on multiple devices.

It was working fine maybe two hours ago. Now I get the same thing you describe above.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2005
Same here. It keeps losing the wifi signal and switching to 3G/4G and then a weird Apple.com page comes up with "Log In" in the title bar but no log in form. The only way to stop it is to turn of Cellular Data. :eek:

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Same problem here connecting to my work's corporate Cisco Wifi (normally a Cisco login page would come up, but I'm just getting the Apple page instead).

engelhart

macrumors member
May 23, 2004
Same here, hugely annoying on my wifi only iPad.

Also to add, its doing on my retina MBP but doesn't drop the wifi connection.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
This is happening to me too
What the fxck.
Apple blew it!!!!

Last edited:

akatsuki

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
I am having the same exact issue. Hopefully they will fix soon - but they should comp everyone's data until then.

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
I had the same problem.

What seemed to work for now was going into wifi and selectinf auto join.
It has worked ever since.

Might be worth a try!

Candunc

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2012
Canada
Not even disabling 3G fixes it, for me it comes up with http://www.apple.com in the header, with a page not found error. Tried 2 different wifi networks, connects for a second and then drops it. Also. iTunes App Store seems to be down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.