Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Hi. I've been checking out videos of the POSER software online. It looks like exactly what I'm looking for but is a bit pricey. Are there any cheaper or freeware (or online only) alternatives? I found a message on another forum from a guy saying he'd found a free page somewhere with a similar feature, where you couldn't print, but could take a screenshot & work from that - but the link was dead.

Any suggestions? I don't need to be able to model features, hair etc, I just need poseable standard body shapes.

Thanks.

PS I found the wooden mannequin page already, lol

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK

OK. After some delay I now have DAZ Studio.

Is anyone on here fluent? I'm trying to find very basic lessons. I only want to use the software for poses, so I don't need to know how to sculpt clothing, just being able to create human forms with slightly varying appearance & give them hair (possibly - not essential.)

Are there libraries out there where you can download pre rendered forms?

Thanks.

estherau

macrumors member
May 4, 2005
australia
OK. After some delay I now have DAZ Studio.

Is anyone on here fluent? I'm trying to find very basic lessons. I only want to use the software for poses, so I don't need to know how to sculpt clothing, just being able to create human forms with slightly varying appearance & give them hair (possibly - not essential.)

Are there libraries out there where you can download pre rendered forms?

Thanks.
guess what. DS doesn't work with big sur! Not even slightly.

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
guess what. DS doesn't work with big sur! Not even slightly.
This thread went dormant 8 years ago. No idea why you would comment so randomly on this like that. I don't use the software personally, but a quick Google search brought up that the last stable release of the software was September 2019. So it's due for an update, and Big Sur just launched.. give it a few days/weeks.

Ursadorable

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2013
The Frozen North
This thread went dormant 8 years ago. No idea why you would comment so randomly on this like that. I don't use the software personally, but a quick Google search brought up that the last stable release of the software was September 2019. So it's due for an update, and Big Sur just launched.. give it a few days/weeks.

They won't have a Big Sur update until Mid-2021.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.