Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soulchild

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Hello all,

I have a brand new unopened 2nd Gen, 8G Ipod Touch that I bought 2 years ago. I never opened it (still has factory seals) because I bought my iPhone around the same time. Since I've never used it, I would like to sell it. Especially since the 5th Gen Touch is due to be released. Can anyone tell me what would be a reasonable price to sell my 2nd Gen touch or what its worth today?

thanks

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Hello all,

I have a brand new unopened 2nd Gen, 8G Ipod Touch that I bought 2 years ago. I never opened it (still has factory seals) because I bought my iPhone around the same time. Since I've never used it, I would like to sell it. Especially since the 5th Gen Touch is due to be released. Can anyone tell me what would be a reasonable price to sell my 2nd Gen touch or what its worth today?

thanks

This has no answer, put it up for sale and see.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
$49.99. Outside of a collectors viewpoint[which won't matter for another ten years] it's worthless.

Agreed—although I was going to round up to $50. :p It's basically a first generation iPod touch with an internal speaker and volume controls.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
In Canada, ebay instant sale will give $40 for it, so I expect you might be able to sell it for $50-60 in a private sale.

Gazelle in the US will give #30.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.