Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superkev72

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
Talked to Directv for a while today. They said non-subscribers will be allowed to subscribe to the online only (incl iDevices) Sunday Ticket for $250. This should be available on September 1 on the page http://www.directv.com/sundayticketspecial.

I'll believe it when I see it but this could be a very nice option. I'll report back when I see the option live.

I *tried to order it as a non-subscriber. Bottom line - you can't. I'm in Florida and would love to have had online access to some of my favorite teams. I even went up the ladder when I called and spoke to *multiple supervisors. Spoke to at least 6 people. None of them will sell you online Sunday Ticket access if you don't physically have a Direct TV dish with an active subscription or a PS3. Also that link you posted just goes to the main Sunday Ticket subscribe page, no online only ticket special exists and the season has started so it's not gonna happen.

Sad that someone like me willing to pay has no legitimate option here. I guess I'll jump in and watch via the non-legitimate options.

MrFantastic

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2010
Sunday Ticket Online Only

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

Here is the link for Sunday Ticket Online Only. I just signed up for it and it works for me on my laptop, iphone, and iPad. Albeit only one at a time. Supposedly you can use the same login credentials to login on PS3, but I haven't tried that yet.

Happy watching!

P.S. I do NOT have Directv service at home. You need to certify that you've never had directv at your current address and can't get it, but it's just 3 check boxes.

tethan

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
You can use http://netdishtv.com for this. I use it near daily to watch my regular channels, but it has a large sports section too. :cool:

When you go to the sports tab, find the team you want to watch or click on the live TV channels if you know the station that your team is playing on.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/nflstonline/overview

Here is the link for Sunday Ticket Online Only. I just signed up for it and it works for me on my laptop, iphone, and iPad. Albeit only one at a time. Supposedly you can use the same login credentials to login on PS3, but I haven't tried that yet.

Happy watching!

P.S. I do NOT have Directv service at home. You need to certify that you've never had directv at your current address and can't get it, but it's just 3 check boxes.

$250 bucks? No thanks.

teejaysplace24

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I know this thread is a few years old and you're probably graduated by now, but it's never too late to help a fellow Bears fan! NBC started streaming all SNF games online last season. They don't promote it much, but it's available directly on their website and the quality is good.

As for all the other games, it's difficult to see that happening, owing to the incredibly lucrative license agreements the NFL has with cable and satellite providers. Any online viewing would seriously cut in to local broadcasts, and as expensive as games are to pick up, carriers simply won't allow that. Hopefully, this changes as more and more people begin viewing their content online, but for now, you're stuck doing it the old fashioned way...go to a sports bar.

Also, be wary of the websites ppl listed above. Each of those sites links directly to a credit card page, but lists no prices anywhere, so you have no idea how much you'll be charged. That's a scam if ever I've seen one. There have been under the rader broadcast re-streaming services in the past, but these are illegal and promptly get shut down by the FCC. Anyone claiming to offer online NFL games who is not either a television network or the NFL themselves is just blowing smoke.

Now, Bear Down!

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I know of a ad driven website that doesn't ask for any info. All games, all sports, even ppv. PM because I don't know if it's allowed.

I'm a sports junky

maddkram

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
I'd like that info

I just now registered, so it'll take a day (and 5 posts from me), but id like to look at your method.

I know of a ad driven website that doesn't ask for any info. All games, all sports, even ppv. PM because I don't know if it's allowed.

I'm a sports junky

maddkram

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012

I'm a sports junky

Well, I blew that. I didn't get to my laptop in time to open/save the FOOTBALL link.

Last edited:

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
Just wanted to post that nfl game rewind is a fantastic service ...

Granted you can't watch live games, but who can watch more than 2 or 3 on Sunday anyway?

The ipad app is fantastic... And I love the condensed games. If you want you can watch a complete game in about 30 minutes.

Regards,
R

makayah

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Ad driven site

I'm a sports junky

I would really appreciate the name of the sports site you were referring to. Thanks in advance

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I basically use http://firstrow1.eu/, which is just First Row Sports with a tweaked URL from over the years.

NFL, NHL, MLB, College football, Little League World Series, sometimes just normal channel shows (ESPN Sportscenter, PTI, etc.). Have been able to find pretty much anything. Streams are at varying quality, but for any remotely popular game there's probably a few options to choose from.

Watched the first half of that awfully boring Philly/KC Thurs night game last night for instance.

Just plenty of pop ups and ads, so turn on your blockers. Most streams will have an ad on top of them (typically about downloading missing codecs - IGNORE!) and you'll hear game sound before you see action. Find a timer and when it hits a few seconds or 0, a "Close" or "X" will pop up somewhere. Click it and you're golden. (Note: This isn't the case for all sources, but for quite a bit)

musicjunky

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
I use FirstRowSports as well, but are the other streaming sites better? FirstRow's are jerky as heck.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Note: This info is now outdated. The link is now: firstrowus1.eu - or you can do feed2all.eu and it then directs you to the appropriate sport you're looking to stream.

I basically use http://firstrow1.eu/, which is just First Row Sports with a tweaked URL from over the years.

NFL, NHL, MLB, College football, Little League World Series, sometimes just normal channel shows (ESPN Sportscenter, PTI, etc.). Have been able to find pretty much anything. Streams are at varying quality, but for any remotely popular game there's probably a few options to choose from.

Watched the first half of that awfully boring Philly/KC Thurs night game last night for instance.

Just plenty of pop ups and ads, so turn on your blockers. Most streams will have an ad on top of them (typically about downloading missing codecs - IGNORE!) and you'll hear game sound before you see action. Find a timer and when it hits a few seconds or 0, a "Close" or "X" will pop up somewhere. Click it and you're golden. (Note: This isn't the case for all sources, but for quite a bit)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.