Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Both of those links are for the 5. As far as I'm aware, Apple has never stated that the 4S supports HSPA+.

Indirectly they have. In the 4S keynote they had a few slides that showed the 4S' downlink speed to be 14.4Mbps. This is the slowest HSPA+ speed there is. There's also 14.0Mbps, this is not HSPA+.

rkozzy369

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Just did a speed test near angel station, London on my iPhone 5 on O2. Got 13.49Mbps download 1.55 upload. Pretty fast to me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 66

mattydee87

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Just did a speed test near angel station, London on my iPhone 5 on O2. Got 13.49Mbps download 1.55 upload. Pretty fast to me!

Fast indeed, though I got 18.07mbps down and 2.25mbs upload on T-Mobile. I was going to switch to EE but already seems pretty damn fast already :)

Attachments

• IMG_0094.PNG
    IMG_0094.PNG
    559.9 KB · Views: 78

Silversi

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
This is indoors on the 3 network on a 3GS. Will this increase with the iPhone 5

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 70

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I really with I was still with AT&T now, these speeds are awesome. But their 3G network was so damn unreliable lol

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Time & time again, I have repeatedly emphasize that 3G/HSPA+ speeds are more than enough for daily usage on a mobile device, this thread further supports this claim.

Here's a post by forumer GoodBoy a while back.
"Faster is always better" claim is only appropriate when talking about home internet lan configurations since people are doing a lot more and a much more heavy internet usage on personal computers than smartphones. 3G network is already enough for everything you can do on a smarptphone and 90% of data speed are internet browsing, appstore, and itunes. You really do not need 40mbits/s to browse internet or buy apps from appstore. The only huge deal about LTE is the hot spot possibility to provide fast internet on the go to your computer. And as you said speeds vary depending on locations. I've seen iPhone 5s LTE speedtest results even worse than some good iPhone 4S 3G like mine. Given that said, LTE is not that huge deal, it's not widespread yet, it's not really neccesary, thus it is not a dealbreaker like some of you guys making it. It's a nice feature, but it's not like you're gonna actually feel significant improvement on a daily basis of use. iPhone 4S was already blazingly fast not lagging at all regarding most common internet use on iPhone that are appstore, internet browsing and itunes.

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I don't think anyone in the US uses DC-HSDPA.

As for HSPA+ 21.....I don't think AT&T specifies, but I believe in general when they upgrade a market, they are doing HSPA+ 21.....whereas I think T-Mobile is doing HSPA+ 42.

That's why I'm saying for those AT&T iPhone customers, the chip will now support the higher HSPA+ 21 speeds so even if you don't get LTE....you "may" still get faster 3G (or 4G) speeds.

-Kevin

T-Mobile does it in the US

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
I cant see my internet going any faster, pages load more or less instantly on 3G and I have no problem streaming video using my 36 conneciton. Maybe vodafone has some good networking, or maybe its just 4G is overrated? Who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.