Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Hey everyone. Just curious what everyone else is getting for speeds. I have the AT&T iPhone 5 in San Antonio TX.

I am getting 45-50mb download and around 30mb upload using speedtest app.

What carrier are you on and what speeds are you getting. I am curious to see what Sprint users are getting too with the higher load on the Sprint network with the new iPhone out.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Hey everyone. Just curious what everyone else is getting for speeds. I have the AT&T iPhone 5 in San Antonio TX.

I am getting 45-50mb download and around 30mb upload using speedtest app.

What carrier are you on and what speeds are you getting. I am curious to see what Sprint users are getting too with the higher load on the Sprint network with the new iPhone out.

is the new LTE really that fast? The second post seems more like the results I was expecting o_O

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Verizon LTE, Metro Detroit Area
Razr Maxx - normally 1.6MB/s or 12.8Mb/s
iPhone 5 - so far averaging 2.3MB/s or 18.4Mb/s

This is not with a speedtest, this is downloading on my laptop over tether. This is also after 30GB transferred so far in this billing cycle and on what should be one of the busiest LTE days for Verizon.

I'm definitely happy with this. Way more than my phone would ever need and good enough for my laptop to replace most WiFi connections.

jordandmb

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
Will it say LTE or 4g

My Iphone 5 still says 4g? is it supposed to say LTE? I have ATT and live in Salt lake city

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
23 Mbps down, 7 Mbps up on AT&T at my home in the suburbs of Tampa.

6-7 Mbps, 5 Mbps up at mall (where there are a bunch of brand new LTE users thanks to the Apple Store here :rolleyes:) closer to the city center.

Last edited:

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
is the new LTE really that fast? The second post seems more like the results I was expecting o_O

I guess it depends where you live. I tested it several times. In downtown San antonio I got those speeds. As I drove out of town to San Marcos I ran a few tests and was consistently getting 30mb down and 30 up between San Antonio and San Marcos and also in San Marcos.

AT&T has a strong presence in Texas and has a lot of towers here due to the fact that there aren't many hills it is easier to have good signal everywhere.

Lintrix

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
J2XLI.png

South Suburb of Chicago. =(

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
I am really curious what Sprint users are getting. Most people so far are posting ATT speeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.