Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
I signed up for itunes match 2 days ago and have no had it work correctly since. I called support and they weren't much help at all.

The itunes match process is stuck in a loop, it might finish step one or step two, but if it even starts step three it will start over usually with a 4002 error.

anyone else having trouble with match?

jpswansea

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
UK
Itunes Match no working

Same here,

mine gets stuck in loop and haven't been able to complete a complete iTunes Match sync with iCould for several days.

Does anyone else have this problem?

bryan85

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Yeah, im not getting my iTunes match on my new iPhone for some reason. I've tried disabled/enabling and rebooting a couple of times now.

theGAPkid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
UK
Yeah! I had this issue. I rang up support and they have put me through to an iTunes senior. I got an email this morning telling me that they had deleted my iTunes match account data and that I could try and sign up again (I initally signed up in Canada but then moved back to the UK so had the service cancelled and refunded). - The system still thinks I'm registered so I haven't paid for the service yet but it "uploads" all my songs. I can see them on my iPhone but it wont play any of them. It just skips through all the songs on each album as though the music isn't there.

withe011

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2008
I'm having the same issue here. I've tried logging out, logging back in, changing my password. No luck. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
I had it to, but it's fixed now! Try logging out and back into match and it should work, it got fixed 15 minutes ago for me.

blue-lion

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
itunes match trouble

i have a similar issue where i get the cloud symbol, its eventually downloads and goes around in a loop?. i end up with the albums listed but with no content. Tried everything.

Hoping apple will fix it with an update very soon.

MrNutt

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Exactly the same problem here, brand new 2012 15r 2.3 8 256 mbp and an iphone4s. was furious that I accidentally deleted my entire itunes lib from my iphone as it slipped out of my hand just as the "match will erase everything" dialogue box appeared (I didn't even get to read it!) and as I grabbed onto the phone my finger hit the "ok" button. Could do with a "are you sure" dialogue or something, that was a royal PITA.

Anyway now I'm into day three of a service that I'm paying good money for that clearly has major errors, will not complete what ever this task is and appears designed to facilitate inconvenience rather than offer any demonstrable benefit!

For example, I looked on my iPhone, yes it appears that my music is there (after rebuilding my entire library of 7000+ tracks!) on the MacBook Pro. So I leave the house and go out for a coffee, get to the coffee shop and figure I'll listen to a few tracks whilst reading the paper, but no, they aren't on my phone anymore! they look like they are!! but no!!! this is a mere ghost of my music! almost mocking me with its 'slightly translucent' appearance.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF THAT?!? how does that enrich my user experience?

I'm going to give a few more things a try (already tried turning off genius, logging in and out, standing on one leg, eating an apple, colourful language and various other internet borne suggestions), If I have no joy by lunchtime I'm heading into the nearest apple showroom and I'm inserting both my shiny new MBP and my i4s into the nearest available g'anus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.