Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guitardude092

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Hi there, well just recently i purchased Battlefield 3 while ea was having a $10 sale. Thing is, the drivers on my macbook pro aren't up to date and isn't letting me play. Any of you guys have some insight on how one can update to the 11.8 driver or higher. I am completely lost. Also i heard of a modded version of the mobility catalyst driver, do you think that could help if something like that exist.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

toptan

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
Novi Sad, Serbia
Don't know for Apple laptops, but on my Mac Pro and iMac i just go to nVidia and AMD sites and download latest Windows drivers and install them. It works perfectly.

Guitardude092

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
I tried doing that. I have a late 2011 15" MacBook pro. But for instance, I downloaded the mobile catalyst to install the drivers but it would tell me I don't have a valid card or something like that.

Garrod

Suspended
Nov 13, 2008
UK
Hi there, well just recently i purchased Battlefield 3 while ea was having a $10 sale. Thing is, the drivers on my macbook pro aren't up to date and isn't letting me play. Any of you guys have some insight on how one can update to the 11.8 driver or higher. I am completely lost. Also i heard of a modded version of the mobility catalyst driver, do you think that could help if something like that exist.

Thanks again.

This might be of some help:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1374810/

Guitardude092

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Cool. But something i noticed was some of those guys were reporting back with some issues of the performance of their gaming. But either way, would going to device manager, then clicking on the amd 6770m and hitting uninstall. Would that do the job?

Garrod

Suspended
Nov 13, 2008
UK
Hey man, even though i was a bit lost, i still went with the link you gave me. It took a couple of tries but i finally got it. Thank you soooo much man, i really appreciate it.

My pleasure. I found it a bit of a pain too first time round.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.