Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
This was a common occurrence between the iPad 2 and The New iPad. I think it's a trend we are seeing from Apple. It's really not a huge deal IMHO.

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Just the thread name alone ... Yellow Screen "Gate" should invalidate anything the OP says. :rolleyes: ... this crap is just out of control on launch day.

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
I normally get awful yellow screens, but I got lucky this time. iPhone 5 screen is the best one I've had yet.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Lol this is like the 4S all over again. Pretty sure Apple has moved to a more warmer screen hue. The screens starting getting more yellow with the 4S.

Im keeping my 4S (still on contract) but ive been reading through the forums today and I feel like the 5 is having the same comments/concerns as the 4S did. I remember everyone freaking out cuz their screens seemed yellow with the 4S.

Last edited:

GoreVidal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
herewego.jpg

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Wow. I figured it'd be at least 72 hours before the OCD folks crawled out of their parents' basements to complain about the mysterious screen quality anomalies

Shmanky

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2005
Toronto
I had the reverse problem: my white iPhone 4S had a yellow screen and my black iPhone 5 has a good cool blue screen.

I recommend returning your iPhone 5 and buying another one. The yellow screen won't go away. Mine didn't. I asked to swap my white iPhone 4S for another one and the replacement had a yellow screen also.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
See my thread I started two weeks ago. Called it, of course.

THis happens every year. Every year people say its supposed to be warmer. Every year people say its glue.

Its neither. Get your phone replaced.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1435275/

I have a beautiful cool blue iPohne 5 sitting next to me. First time I've gotten a perfect screen on a launch phone.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Wait on the jailbreak. Before I rooted my Gnex the screen was very yellow, but now it's rooted and I was able to change the settings. It's very white now and the blues look blue. We are able to change the colors, but not unless you jailbreak. But if it bothers you that much, exchange it - but you may get another one just like that.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
See my thread I started two weeks ago. Called it, of course.

THis happens every year. Every year people say its supposed to be warmer. Every year people say its glue.

Its neither. Get your phone replaced.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1435275/

I have a beautiful cool blue iPohne 5 sitting next to me. First time I've gotten a perfect screen on a launch phone.

Some food for thought: Over in the iOS 6 forum, many 4S users (including myself) noticed more blue and more vivid displays (richer colors) after upgrading to iOS 6 from 5.1.

I know, odd.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I have a noticeably yellow screen. First thing I noticed when opening up safari. However, it seems a bit easier on the eyes than the blueish tint.

tkmac2012

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Had the same problem - Too yellowish

Called Apple support. Some genius there picked up and offered me to return it at a store and wait whenever they have another piece available.
(That would be after all the current rush is gone!)

In the past I got replacements for the same issue - but had to do it 2/3 times before I got the piece with the white tinge that I liked.
I will do the same again. It just requires you to take the Applecare and they also put a hold for the cost of the Iphone being replaced.
Just a pain.

grblade

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
I noticed this right away on my iPhone 5. It's very yellow. I'm pretty disappointed. I was expecting the richer colors, but my iPhone 4 has richer colors than this.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
Hi. New here. My iPhone 4 had a really cool, bluish tint. Looked great for certain things, but made photos look overly cool. I'm loving the warmer look of my iPhone 5 so far. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.