Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Speedtest use A LOT of data on LTE for those of you with smaller data plans. May want to keep that in mind.

If seen my Android devices around 300 mb in just speed test when checking the data manager.

So don't blame LTE, you are basically maxing on your data of 15+ mb per second for 5-10 seconds. It's not a direct translation but like I mentioned I've seen it pretty damn high.

Just want to bump my post one last time. I get very bad 4G here, this is ONE test which was 8 mbs down and 3 up. Imagine if it was 30+ mbs....

u8yve6ar.jpg

I'm getting ready for the "why my data so high?!" Oh wait they are already here.,.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Posted a few other places, but is anyone having trouble with their LTE establishing a connection quickly when waking the phone from standby?

I started a thread, but when I push home, slide to unlock, open safari, and type a website in....the phone will take almost 15 seconds to establish the network connection before it finally zips open the website. Same thing if I use SIRI from standby, or any app that uses data. Once the connection is established, things fly and work instantly until I put the phone to sleep again. When I switch to LTE disabled/3G, this problem goes away. My verizon store said all of their display phones act the exact same way, and none of their other 4G phones do....so it has to be something related to the iPhone. The LTE is extremely fast once it is connected, but takes forever to make the connection.

mcarthon

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
I just got crazy speeds like that. 41 down 14 up but after a few more tries it avg out to about 21 up 15 down. Still really good. On AT&T in DC area

iphonefan74

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
And to think iPhone users were blowing LTE off like it was no big deal when they didn't have it. Now people are freaking out and creating threads when it drops or they can't get it working :rolleyes:

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
With Verizon the highest I ever saw was about 26Mbps in South Philadelphia on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Now with my iPhone 5 on AT&T, I go from 8 - 35 so far in Delaware County. Thoroughly satisfied with the coverage compared to Verizon as well. Thank you AT&T for turning on LTE!

acorntoy

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Just want to bump my post one last time. I get very bad 4G here, this is ONE test which was 8 mbs down and 3 up. Imagine if it was 30+ mbs....

I'm getting ready for the "why my data so high?!" Oh wait they are already here.,.

On my phone after I use a test ( no matter how high the speeds get to) it says I only use 3.9 MB
Of data

KisakiSama

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO, USA
AT&T LTE in west St. Louis county, Missouri is pretty good. I've tested it around 5 times in various places today. These are the highs and lows..

Ping: 63-78
Down: 13.09-44.40 mbps
Up: 7.97-21.36 mbps

Last edited:

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
327842283.png

Also, pay no attention to the ping, the speedtest.net server I'm using here is just really bad at that. When I do a speedtest to NYC I get 70ms ping, but that's 300mi away so the speed is worse.

I also already used almost 1GB of data on this thing. Glad AT&T raised the throttle limit to 5GB :)

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
Speed here in the Sandy/Draper area are pretty bad! Browsing still feels very quick though.

Attachments

• IMG_0010[1].PNG
    IMG_0010[1].PNG
    325.7 KB · Views: 73

IlliniGuy76

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
I live in a populated suburb of Chicago.

I'm anywhere between 4 down, and .54-1 up.

Horrible numbers. Speed Test is pulling from a location in Kansas.

What gives? I'm VZ LTE. Thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.