Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the launch of the iPhone 5, Apple has started running a full slate of television ads promoting the product. Typical with Apple advertising, all the spots focus on the features of the iPhone 5 and iOS, rather than price. They are voiced by Jeff Daniels, currently starring as Will McAvoy on HBO's Newsroom.

One is focused on the new EarPod headphones, while another shows off the new Panorama feature in iOS 6, and a third touts the larger screen of the iPhone 5. The fourth ad shows how the iPhone 5 is the perfect size for "your thumb", a subtle jab at the larger screens of some Android phones that can be difficult to use with one hand.

Article Link: Apple Introduces Four Television Spots for the iPhone 5

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
These are funny! Really good Apple. Especially "Thumbs". A little nudge back at Samsung without being classless like them.

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
My favorite is either Thumbs or Physics. These ads are much classier than ones by other competitors.

By the way, I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but I submitted this. :rolleyes:

miazma

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Well. The way I hold it, my thumb can just perfectly reach the top app on an iPhone 4S.

Maybe I shouldn't hold it like that.

Giroux

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
I couldn't for the life of me pinpoint who was doing the voice over, then it hit me! Jeff Daniels!

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Like them all, especially the one with the little kids in costumes. Too cute!

SgtPepper12

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2011
Germany
I like these very much.

They nicely emphasize the hard engineering work behind the iPhone 5. Except the panorama ad, I don't understand how they can advertise such a trivial feature.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
I thought these seemed a little cheesy. Man remember the good ole days of the dancing silhouettes for the iPods?

miazma

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Btw... if having round in-ear headphones is so stupid... why have Apple's headphones been that way for years? Same about screen size?

Not wanna flame this, but half of those ads are just telling that the way Apple did it the past couple of years was just wrong.

While I agree with the headphones... I really don't like the larger screen. I'd even more like to have a smaller screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.