Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
A whole ad for panorama?

Sure, why not? It's one of the only features of iOS 6 that I think is really cool. Have you tried it? It's incredibly fast, and the algorithm they use to stitch together the images is really impressive. I got a great one today at the Griffith Observatory when I was waiting for the Shuttle to fly over.

What I don't understand is why they bury Panorama in the Options menu of the Camera, instead of making it a button on the main screen. How many people even press the options button? How many will even know Panorama exists, or where to find it? At least this ad will help with the first part, but not so much with the second part.

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany

Mm.. I would give 8-10 out of 10 to those 4. Lowest is the panorama one but I assume lot of general customers are not aware of the other options of doing this.
I haven't myself used other apps for this but I was really impressed with the apples panorama in 4s. It took care of a lamp perfectly in the middle of the first panorama I took! Physics one is good, so it is the ear phone one. But the thumb one pushes thumb into the eyes of giant television size phone manufacturers :)

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
More in tune with Apple type ads. Not great , but better than the pulled genius ads.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Yeah man like total burn! /s

What a stupid comment. They aren't burning Apple, they are burning the customers they hope to get. They still show Apple with lines around the block... I don't get it. Don't they want to be the ones with with lines around the block?

"Oh yours got a bigger screen? Well this one is bigger..."

Yeah, my 27" screen at home is bigger too, so whats your point? My iPad has a bigger screen as well, I don't get it. As if that extra .5 inches, thats where its at man, you haven't lived until you've had a 4.5" screen!

Lol. I just thought the ad was funny and a majority of it true, even if did upset me because I'm an Apple fan. It was a ad in very poor taste but still funny.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
First look the ads seem nice, but after a short while they in fact begin to seem dated, like a poor man's version of the original 'I'm a mac and I'm' a pc ads.

If Apple can design their own SoC then I think it's about time for their ad agency to pull their fingers out and invent something that pushes the envelope as their products do.

Compare these with the 1984 superbowl ad, or even Virgin Airlines 'still red hot' one of my or perhaps even the best ad of all time.

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
I thought these seemed a little cheesy. Man remember the good ole days of the dancing silhouettes for the iPods?

YES! jeez, this is their second gaff in a row, first those genius ones, now these... garbage ads..... they explain what everything is, theres no more intuition. you actually have to listen to the words, you cant just see how awesome their stuff is anymore (a la the old silhouette campaign) Plus his voice is annoying. especially that cheeeeese part. i hope these last 2 ad campaigns are just flukes (not to mention the fact that they actually shipped their maps app when it was unfinished), because otherwise, Apple is starting to slip already... :/

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
God. These just keep getting worse. Things quickly changed for Apple after Steve left. And not in a good way. Their ads used to be elegant. Now- just stupid.

What your idea of an good ad for iPhone 5? Just curious... The only difference is, there's lots of talking.. As if teaching people something. They are different but I like them all :)

astr0

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
Panorama mode

Hmm, not bad... but strange that they would dedicate an ad to Panorama Mode, which also works on the iPhone 4S.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
I don't really like these new ads, the need to verbalise everything is annoying. These ads are trying to sell the phone features, whereas previous iPhone ads (not the genius sitcom) are selling an image and they appeal more to the emotions.

mykem

macrumors regular
May 20, 2008
The Panorama one sells both the phone and the concept. When you look at Samsung, for example, it's usually set outdoors- a huge vista of mountainous, rather predictable scene. This one is sweet- and with cute kids which means it will sell millions to parents and grandparents. Hopefully some of them realize that Panorama is an iOS6 feature and not phone specific.

What I don't understand is why they bury Panorama in the Options menu of the Camera, instead of making it a button on the main screen. How many people even press the options button? How many will even know Panorama exists, or where to find it? At least this ad will help with the first part, but not so much with the second part.

It's just 4 button press- or from the locked screen one swipe and three pressed buttons- to start the mode. That's not buried especially if you have the camera button on the main home page. Although I do admit, it's a bit slow between each pressed button with iPhone 4S but less so with iP5.

Last edited:

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
You know what i just realized? The best one is the thumb one, and its better with the sound OFF. they could refine it a bit in the beginning to emphasize concentrating of the thumb/screen size relationship, but just the video with music would have been much MUCH better. Watch it with the sound off, you'll see what I mean. And the other ones suck... smdh

mykem

macrumors regular
May 20, 2008
You know what i just realized? The best one is the thumb one, and its better with the sound OFF. they could refine it a bit in the beginning to emphasize concentrating of the thumb/screen size relationship, but just the video with music would have been much MUCH better. Watch it with the sound off, you'll see what I mean. And the other ones suck... smdh

No I disagree. I love Jeff Daniels- Newsroom is the best show on TV- his voice is fine.

pacalis

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
Nothing better than watching a suspenseful show that's interrupted by a lecture on how ears are weird.

More SOUL, less SEOUL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.