Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Im so mad. I used another family member upgrade to get subsidized price. However they won't let me for 24 hours switch it over to my phone line yet!! I problem sounded super bitchy to Verizon sales rep at the store lol.

Anyone else have this problem?

Riiyah

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
I made a thread about this but no one posted.

Even if you switched on the phone.

1.If you switched on the phone, connect it to iTunes, and restore the iPhone
2. Once the download finishes (960mb) complete the restoration
3. Once it is complete turn off the phone right away
4. Call Verizon 1800-922-0204
5. Tell them that you got the iPhone 5 today under your name and you would like to switch it to the other line
6. They will go through the steps and it should work

I spoke to a man named Michael and he didn't even need the IMEI or SIM number. I am also able to keep my unlimited data

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012

5. Tell them that you got the iPhone 5 today under your name and you would like to switch it to the other line

I spoke to a man named Michael and he didn't even need the IMEI or SIM number. I am also able to keep my unlimited data

Ok good to know. Sales rep at store of course tried telling me that corporate prob wouldn't do it. Ugh support is closed now at 11pm!

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around

I wonder if after restoring if it would work switching online instead of calling Verizon. I'm going to try it.

Sub.0

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Yup, same thing happened with me. The first lady I spoke to though said I had to wait till midnight and then the 2nd rep told me 24 hours. I will try the midnight thing out and see how that goes.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
Im so mad. I used another family member upgrade to get subsidized price. However they won't let me for 24 hours switch it over to my phone line yet!! I problem sounded super bitchy to Verizon sales rep at the store lol.

Anyone else have this problem?
Why didn't you just switch the upgrade when you ordered?

jester0723

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Virginia
I did the same thing and the rep gave me the same story. I went to the apple store and asked for a new SIM and they gave it to me. I called Verizon and gave them the IMEID and SIM card number and it's working perfectly with unlimited data already!

Cozmo85

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2007
I did the same thing and the rep gave me the same story. I went to the apple store and asked for a new SIM and they gave it to me. I called Verizon and gave them the IMEID and SIM card number and it's working perfectly with unlimited data already!

You an also activate your sim on the verizon website.

sedano06

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
I was told the same thing, I looked online at my account and the iPhone doesn't show up anymore. I think I'm going to try to activate later tonight and hopefully it works.

ThaBlink

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
New York
You will be able to do it online on verizonwireless.com

I've been trying, I keep getting the following page:
anekv9.png

After I enter my info, the next page just goes blank and that's it.

sedano06

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
Now I got this, but still doesn't show as activated:

Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

Have you tried doing the *228 thing they make us do when were activating phones.

If anyone tries to do it online before the 24 hour wait and it works can you please let us know how you did it

Last edited:

RowdyRude

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
You an also activate your sim on the verizon website.

That's what I did. Ordered the phone on another lines upgrade. All I had to do was log on the site say activate new phone, selected my number instead, typed in the phone code and sim code, and boom within 5min I was up running and managed to keep my unlimited data without paying full price. So happy!!! =)

sedano06

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
I tried activating again and still nothing. This time it let me put in the IMEI number then the ICCID number and it went through without saying saying the simcard was assigned to a different number. It just told me that verizon couldnt process the action at the time, so hopefully in the morning ill be able to activate it.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Ugh. On the line with customer service rep. And they keep saying they can't switch the line yet for the full 24 hrs and that I'd I want it activated now, I'd have to buy a sim card!!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I just hope this "24 hour" rule works because I would be pissed if they change their story.

Yeah same here! Customer rep said sim cards are free! I'm so mad rep at the store didn't tell me about this earlier today or id have an activated phone NOW, for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.