Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SgtP3pp3r

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
Honduras
Another Happy Customer

I placed two orders on ebay with unlock fusion for 2 iphone 4 at around 1pm today. The first one of the two is already unlocked (came in around 7pm tonight), i'm waiting on the second one, but i'm pretty hopeful.

Like someone mentioned some posts back, i didn't have to restore my iPhone. It's currently jailbroken and i didnt wanna lose the jailbreak, so i used SAM utility off of Cydia to deactivate the phone, and when i plugged it into iTunes i got the "Congratulations" message. I went into iphoneox.com and it's unlocked.

My iPhone is an AT&T locked (not anymore!) iPhone 4 that i bought off of eBay at the beginning of this year. Since i live nowhere near the US, the AT&T lock was a real hassle, and i had to use the SAM unlock method that came around march to be able to use it. I won't restore and update the OS until i have tried swapping sim cards and make sure the phone is actually unlocked, so i won't go out and recommend this right away, but so far it's looking real good.

It's looks like unlock fusion is the real deal. I don't know how they are doing it, but it worked. I just hope it's not a shady side operation for some huge crime ring... :S

that would suck

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Will it be possible to buy a iPhone 5 at a AT&T store and then just get it unlocked right afterwords? I dont even live in the states, but i'm going there next week!

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I see that unlock_fusion is now unlocking the iphone 5. Anybody willing to give it a shot? I'd try it myself but I got my preorder in a bit late and my phone hasn't even shipped yet.

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
Waiting on mine right now. Submitted my iPhone 4S IMEI # to unlock_fusion @ 3 PM EST.... its 10 PM right now, Im checking the imei checker every 10 mins lol..... I want to unlock now!!! lol

Just bought the phone today for $290 mint condition, came with box, cable, charger. Good deal?

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
I checked it at 11:40 and it said unlock!! Wooooot!

Just put in my t-mobile sim and plug my iphone 4s in Boom! the congrats msg! :)

I recommend the unlock_fusion ebayer!

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Will it be possible to buy a iPhone 5 at a AT&T store and then just get it unlocked right afterwords? I dont even live in the states, but i'm going there next week!
Best option is to purchase directly from an Apple retail store.

So far there are good results for AT&T and Verizon iPhone 5 units.

It is all related to how the AT&T / Verizon iPhone 5 units are processed at the POS from the Apple retail store.

It the Apple rep enters your phone number on the checkout screen, it will be locked to the carrier even if you pay the no-commitment price.

Make sure that they do a "Device Only" sale on their POS device.

Also note there are still differences between the AT&T and the Verizon/Sprint units support of LTE.

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/21/...m-3g-networks/
http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/21/33...5-gsm-unlocked

Note: If you want LTE in your home country, check this page to figure out which US iPhone 5 might work best for you.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Dave

JoshObra

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Los Angeles
I should've seen this thread first. I've bought the same service from another seller and I'm already on hour 12 with no unlock yet.

Definitely checked recent reviews, they check out and the seller had like at least two more sales every time I refreshed the page.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Also note there are still differences between the AT&T and the Verizon/Sprint units support of LTE.
Dave

Thanks Dave, i forgot to mention that I'm also going to Canada, while the iPhone is a little bit more expensive up there, its still sold unlocked and supports GSM. So if they have it in, I'll get it there! Thanks :)

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
If anyone tried to get their AT&T iphone 5 unlocked by unlock_fusion, please post your results here. My iphone will be arriving on September 28th and I'm definitely planning to try it then if nobody else does it before that.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
I did this ebay one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160887533503&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

As per this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/15820801/

I JUST restored around 10 minutes ago and I got the unlocked message.

PS: I have iPhone 5. If it works with 5, I'm sure this works with 4S as well.

I can also confirm that this eBay buyer is legit. I also gave it a shot by following the same exact thread, and I did it to my iPhone 4S to try it out, and when I restored my iPhone, it I got the Congratulations screen on iTunes. I'm now submitting an unlock for my brother's iPhone 4 since he wants to sell it.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I can also confirm that this eBay buyer is legit. I also gave it a shot by following the same exact thread, and I did it to my iPhone 4S to try it out, and when I restored my iPhone, it I got the Congratulations screen on iTunes. I'm now submitting an unlock for my brother's iPhone 4 since he wants to sell it.

Hang on... You should be able to ask AT&T for iPhone 4 unlock heh. Why bother paying? The people who need this service should be iPhone 4S and 5 people. :)

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Hang on... You should be able to ask AT&T for iPhone 4 unlock heh. Why bother paying? The people who need this service should be iPhone 4S and 5 people. :)

I know, the problem is that my brother got his iPhone 4 a month before the iPhone 4S came out, so it's still on contract. Meaning that AT&T wouldn't be able to unlock it. I'm sure if I wasted my time talking to the right rep I would have gotten it unlocked for free, but roughly $17 to unlock it easily without any hassles seems like a better idea to me. :)

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I know, the problem is that my brother got his iPhone 4 a month before the iPhone 4S came out, so it's still on contract. Meaning that AT&T wouldn't be able to unlock it. I'm sure if I wasted my time talking to the right rep I would have gotten it unlocked for free, but roughly $17 to unlock it easily without any hassles seems like a better idea to me. :)

Aha... interesting. Did not know that your brother got it then.

Cheers.

monkeydodo3

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
If anyone tried to get their AT&T iphone 5 unlocked by unlock_fusion, please post your results here. My iphone will be arriving on September 28th and I'm definitely planning to try it then if nobody else does it before that.

If you have the IMEI number of that iPhone, just order the unlock for it now. Somebody in a different thread ordered the unlock for their iPhone a week before it even arrived, and when he plugged the SIM in, it worked immediately already. For me, I ordered last Saturday around 8:15 PST, but I didn't get my unlock until 1:15 PST on Monday since they didn't process on weekends. I just checked their listings, and it says that they now process on weekends too so even better now.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
If you have the IMEI number of that iPhone, just order the unlock for it now. Somebody in a different thread ordered the unlock for their iPhone a week before it even arrived, and when he plugged the SIM in, it worked immediately already. For me, I ordered last Saturday around 8:15 PST, but I didn't get my unlock until 1:15 PST on Monday since they didn't process on weekends. I just checked their listings, and it says that they now process on weekends too so even better now.

I don't have the IMEI yet. How would I get it if I don't have the phone yet?

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Cool news on the iPhone 5 unlock

Just ordered a US iPhone 5 (iPhone not available where I am) and will be doing this!!

misterjay

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Unlocked two iPhone 4's last night as well as two other iPhone 5's (mine and my sisters).

LEGIT.
Tested T-Mobile sims on it, ace.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Got my iphone 5 unlocked today for $9! I don't know how they're doing it but I'd jump on it now if you're interested in having your phone unlocked.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

You'd wind up paying full price since you won't get the phone on contract. Those phones may already be unlocked, but if not, you can submit a request to AT&T here.

Also, the Verizon iPhone 5 models are all completely unlocked, and will work in Europe just as well as the AT&T models. Actually, the Verizon models will even get LTE in the UK (on EE) and Germany (on Deutsche Telekom), but not Norway. So try a Verizon store, as well. People have reported using AT&T SIMs in Verizon iPhones with no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.