Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I just received my 32GB iPhone 5 this morning. Tonight I have been working on getting everything setup. All of my purchased songs are on my phone, but the "purchased" playlist is not showing up. I called apple and they didn't know what to do. They told me to wait for the next update but could not tell me when that would be. I asked if I should reset the phone and start from scratch and he said I should not do that. Any ideas of how to fix this issue?

adamgilbride

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I've got exactly the same issue. It is really annoying because it is the playlist I listen to the most! The 'Purchased' playlist is present on my iPhone 4 but not on my iPad 3 or my iPhone 5. I just tried syncing 'Selected playlists, artists etc...' from iTunes rather than the entire music library but even that didn't work

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I've got exactly the same issue. It is really annoying because it is the playlist I listen to the most! The 'Purchased' playlist is present on my iPhone 4 but not on my iPad 3 or my iPhone 5. I just tried syncing 'Selected playlists, artists etc...' from iTunes rather than the entire music library but even that didn't work

Its definitely aggravating, but mine are back now. I went into iTunes on my phone and checked for purchases not on my phone. I downloaded all of them which made a ton of duplicates in my music. After that I looked and the playlist "purchased" was on my phone, so I synced it to iTunes and its all good now. Good luck!

adamgilbride

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks malibuboats91. I just bought a song on my iPhone which at least created a 'Purchased' playlist on the phone, albeit with nothing in it! I'll give your suggestion a try

mdewberry

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2003
Hi all,

This issue is happening on my iPhone 4. For some reason under Playlists (in the music app) my Purchased Playlist is not appearing. My purchased music is on the phone and is accessible via the other methods (artist, album, etc.) but for some reason cannot get the playlist to appear. I even tried a Restore to see if copying everything over fresh would cause the playlist to appear, but it did not.

What is really, really strange is that on my wife's iPhone 4 the Purchased Playlist DOES exist. And we both sync to the same Macbook Pro. Strange. I hope this gets resolved as I like to play music right from this playlist.

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
I'm not sure if you have solved the issue, but mine came back after I thought I fixed it. I believe I found the fix now though. I plugged my phone into iTunes and backed it up then restored it via iTunes. I restored it from the backup I just made and all my songs were on the phone. I did that a few days ago and it's been good since. Let me know if you have any questions!

iTunesFail:(

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2012
Purchased Playlist not on Iphone

I'm not sure if you have solved the issue, but mine came back after I thought I fixed it. I believe I found the fix now though. I plugged my phone into iTunes and backed it up then restored it via iTunes. I restored it from the backup I just made and all my songs were on the phone. I did that a few days ago and it's been good since. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! For posting this! It is the ONLY thing that worked for me! I researched forever and was becoming Very irritated. This fix really worked. I wish I could give you a million hugs!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.