Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DCHoya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
So in addition to the already reported problem of not receiving iMessage alerts on the lock screen of the iPhone 5, I'm also noticing that a number of my incoming iMessages have been delayed or not going through at all until I send another message.

I regularly see the other user replying, but the reply will not come through for an extended period of time after the replying icon has appeared. On occasion, some of the replies won't come through at all until immediately after I've sent another message. Anyone having similar issues with iMessage on the iPhone 5?

jester0723

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Virginia
I haven't had any issues sending or receiving messages.

The only thing that has happened a couple times is it's sent a message as a text instead of an iMessage. Does this happen if the person I'm talking to doesn't have internet? I'm pretty sure it wasn't on my end.

el3ctronick

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
samep problem for me here..and also i see that this is a problem with my iphone 5 only..since i receive the imessages without any problem in my ipad.i can send from my phone..and i get the reply from the other person sometimes first in my ipad and after 15-30 minutes in my iphone..thats bad and did not have such an issue with my previous 4s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.