Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone4sinwhite

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
I am able to see the tabs I have open in Safari on my cMBP with 10.8.2 on my iPhone 4S running iOS6. On my cMBP I would like to see the tabs I have open on my iPhone. However, when I click the small cloud button next to the forward arrow in Safari all I see is a dialog box with a cloud picture and the note: "iCloud automatically shows all open tabs on all your devices."

How do I see the tabs I have open on my phone in Safari on my cMBP?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I am able to see the tabs I have open in Safari on my cMBP with 10.8.2 on my iPhone 4S running iOS6. On my cMBP I would like to see the tabs I have open on my iPhone. However, when I click the small cloud button next to the forward arrow in Safari all I see is a dialog box with a cloud picture and the note: "iCloud automatically shows all open tabs on all your devices."

How do I see the tabs I have open on my phone in Safari on my cMBP?

I'm going to assume you are signed into iCloud on the phone and Safari is clicked on in the iCloud setting?
Wait, I just confused myself I think, lol
Make sure Safari is checked on the iPhone and on the computer under iCloud.

Iphone4sinwhite

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Maybe force quit Safari on the iPhone. Open a new tab and see if it shows on the computer. Open tabs in Safari on the computer show on the iPhone, right? Oops, I see you said they do show.

I forced quit on Safari on my phone. I reopened the application and all the tabs reappeared. I opened another blank tab. Still, no luck with Safari on my cMBP.

Iphone4sinwhite

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
I turned off private browsing on my iPhone and all the tabs we nearly immediately available in safari on my cMBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.