Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atticus515

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
alright, I need to get my ipod replaced, it's a 4G 40gb model, and I was wondering: If I were to trade in my ipod, would the apple store allow me to pay the extra $100 and get a new ipod photo?

any help would be appreciated.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
you would probably have to send it out, and they would probably give you back another 40gig model, but you could always try, never really hurts to try...

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
If you're asking whether Apple has an official trade-in program, the answer is no, they don't. If you have an older iPod and want a new one, your best bet would probably be to sell it on eBay and use the cash toward a new one. However, various retailers (online and brick-and-mortar) have their own trade-in programs and will offer you various amounts for your iPod. You probably wouldn't get as much this way as you would by selling the iPod yourself, but it's also easier.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
I thought Apple was offering a trade in program... 10% new iPod with trade in of old. I can't find the info but I recall reading that you could trade in old iPods (something to do with their response to the battery waste issue...). Maybe I am wrong.

I realizes that this is not what the original post was looking for.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
zim said:
I thought Apple was offering a trade in program... 10% new iPod with trade in of old. I can't find the info but I recall reading that you could trade in old iPods (something to do with their response to the battery waste issue...). Maybe I am wrong.

I realizes that this is not what the original post was looking for.

They did have a that trade in thing. But it's not worth it, I thinnk it only gave you 10% off a new iPod if you traded in your old one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.