Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruggedeman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
hey there! i was looking through the forums and googling and i cant seem to find out what s wrong.

the problem: ever since i updated to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4, my email has not been pushed to the app. just yesterday, when messing around with my iPhone, i came to a screen where it said something about my yahoo address, or yahoo server, not being trusted. there was an option to go into more detail, but i didint understand any of the techno lingo. and im trying to repeat the steps again, but i dont remember how i got to that screen in the first place.

either way, is this a problem for anyone else? any help would be appreciated!

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I'm not sure how Yahoo email works, but I would try deleting the account from your Mail, Contacts, and Calendars menu in settings, and resetting it up.

ruggedeman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I'm not sure how Yahoo email works, but I would try deleting the account from your Mail, Contacts, and Calendars menu in settings, and resetting it up.

ha! that actually fixed the problem! idk what the deal was. but i appreciate your help!!

shantigeary30

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
email

that worked for me also... i cannot believe there isnt enough iphone 5 . i called apple store (50mi) away and asked if they had any... they said yes depending on what you want. I said i am AT&T and would take 16,34, or 64 she said yah. so i drove out there and they said they have been out since yesterday at 9am. love the Iphone but really wish apple would get there S(*^ together

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I am having the same problem with my aol email. Tried deleting it several times and the email won't push and notify me when the phone is asleep

However on IOS 5.1.1 on my iPad and 4s this works fine and I have no problem with receiving my push email.

Called AppleCare and they were of no help.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it

Bjackson123

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
My gmail won't sync up on my iphone 4. I keep getting the message my info might not be correct. It is correct but I can't access the gmail accounts.

Sitalco

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011
WorldWide
problems with Mail on iPhone5

Since I've switched to iPhone 5 Im facing serious problems while trying to send emails out using MAIL (Gmail acc)

Apparently it gives me the Swoosh sound as the email was sent, however it stays on Sending... mode for a while, MANY TIMES it doesn't send the mail at all, doesn't even keep a copy in Draft or Outbox.

I still use iPhone 4S with IOS 5, same account setting- NO PROBLEMS AT ALL

Any idea?

Thanks!

enoC

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Denmark
Since I've switched to iPhone 5 Im facing serious problems while trying to send emails out using MAIL (Gmail acc)

Apparently it gives me the Swoosh sound as the email was sent, however it stays on Sending... mode for a while, MANY TIMES it doesn't send the mail at all, doesn't even keep a copy in Draft or Outbox.

I still use iPhone 4S with IOS 5, same account setting- NO PROBLEMS AT ALL

Any idea?

Thanks!

Try deleting the account and setting it up Again. Is it the same problem on wifi and 3G/Edge?

apta

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
I am having the same problem with my aol email. Tried deleting it several times and the email won't push and notify me when the phone is asleep

My iPhone 4s under iOS 5 occasionally does the same thing. You need to reboot it.

sondd

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2009
Resetting Mail worked

Rebooting didn't work on y iPhone 4 but deleting the account from Mail settings and resetting it did work for me.

Kudos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.