Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtrain907

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
I am annoyed with seeing everyone's birthday in my calendar from the Facebook integration. How can this be deleted.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Not sure if you can easily remove them but you can hide them.

Tap Calendars button at the top left then scroll down until you see Facebook, there you untick events and birthdays.

4ndr3w

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Chicago
Not sure if you can easily remove them but you can hide them.

Tap Calendars button at the top left then scroll down until you see Facebook, there you untick events and birthdays.

That hides in in the Calendar app itself, but the Birthdays still show up in Notification center and I'm hoping it's just a bug. I really don't care if I see the Birthdays in the Calendar app, I just don't want them hiding real events I have created in the Calendar app.

I know I could turn off Facebook and Calendar integration all together, but I do like the implantation of actual Facebook events better then just subscribing to an ICS or whatever file from the Facebook server.

liv2wrshp

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2003
chicago
That hides in in the Calendar app itself, but the Birthdays still show up in Notification center and I'm hoping it's just a bug. I really don't care if I see the Birthdays in the Calendar app, I just don't want them hiding real events I have created in the Calendar app.

I know I could turn off Facebook and Calendar integration all together, but I do like the implantation of actual Facebook events better then just subscribing to an ICS or whatever file from the Facebook server.

I agree with this. I have wayyyyy too many birthdays on my ical now. How do I remove them? I like some of the other birthdays. Not 1000's of facebook ones.

Reactions: kironin

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Open settings and then choose 'Facebook'.
Then under "Allow These Apps to Use Your Account" turn Calendar off. Birthdays will be gone but so will your events.

*Calypso*

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2011
Germany
The birthdays are not (only) in the calendar, but in the (linked) Facebook contacts in your address book. You can hide them in Calendar.app, but they will still show up in Notification Center due to the general lack of a hide option there.

Vilcaed

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2010
I actually found a pretty half decent fix:
If you want to be notified of events, but you don't want them in your notification center, you can turn them off in the notification center, but keep the banner and show in lock screen on. That way if you need an alert, it beeps, but otherwise it won't distract you

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Orlando, FL
Yeah this is really annoying me too. I can't remove the birthdays and events, even if I disable them in settings. This is a huge problem for me.

tomahawk1277

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
How to remove Facebook Birthdays from the calendar

You can remove Facebook birthdays from your calendar by opening up the Calendar app itself, clicking "Calendars", and scrolling down to "Birthdays" under the Facebook category. When I unchecked this, they disappeared from my calendar but were still in my notification center. Not sure if it's because they were there already today, or if there's something else I have to do to remove those.

ckalinec

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
I have to agree with what's been said here. I really like having my facebook events added to my calendar. But I really don't like seeing a birthday on every single day of the month. It would be great to have a setting to toggle what is added to the calendar. Not just an all or nothing toggle like we have now

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Not an issue for me. I actually have real friends on Facebook, so having a reminder in my calendar that it's their birthday isn't a big deal.

ffohwx

macrumors member
May 7, 2010
Fairfield, Ohio
In Settings --> Facebook, turn off contacts. This removes any contacts that FB added to your contact list, as well as birthdays. If you leave calendar on and turn contacts off, you have events on your calendar, but not Birthdays. You can still tap "Update all Contacts" to connect your existing contacts with their FB profiles and their profile pictures.

katie101

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
you can remove the birthday from your notifications by turning everything off from your Facebook in the settings, and the go to your apps and if you have the birthday app, DELETE IT. hope this helps! it worked for me!

kkd6259

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
I found a fix because I had the same problem. I could erase the birthdays from the actual calendar app, but they would still be in the notifications area. so here what I did to rid them...
1: Settings
2:Notifications
3:scroll down to Facebook
4:Turn Badge App Icon switch to 'Off'
and there you go! I was so happy when they went away!!! : D

scyap

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Solution has been said above so many times but seems like many aren't reading them

Just disable both Calender and Contacts

f61IA.png

donrsd

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2011
South Florida
I am annoyed with seeing everyone's birthday in my calendar from the Facebook integration. How can this be deleted.

1. Tap Calendar
  2. Click Calendars on the top left
  3. Uncheck Facebook --> Calendars(I also uncheck Facebook --> Facebook Events)
  4. Click Done on the top right

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Got them out of my notification bar but Siri still shows them when I ask what I have scheduled a certain day. How do you fix that?

Djhalfbaked

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Solution has been said above so many times but seems like many aren't reading them

Just disable both Calender and Contacts

They are reading them.. I don't think YOU are reading them. Your solution does NOT work to remove birthdays from notification centre.... :/

----------

I found a fix because I had the same problem. I could erase the birthdays from the actual calendar app, but they would still be in the notifications area. so here what I did to rid them...
1: Settings
2:Notifications
3:scroll down to Facebook
4:Turn Badge App Icon switch to 'Off'
and there you go! I was so happy when they went away!!! : D

This works!! Great job, thanks alot :D

datadave

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Removing Birthdays posted from Facebook

Go to calendars, tab top scroll down, scroll all the way down to Facebook Birthdays and uncheck it.... you will remove all of your Facebook birthdays without affecting birthdays you put in manually on your phone.

Maplaw

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Facebook birthdays in calendar

Ok so if you still use Facebook and you want to hide birthdays all of your responses are able to do this.
I have deleted all of the content in my Facebook account including I friending everyone and then sent the request to delete my account, I had my Facebook account since 2008 and over 300 friends. So my account has now completed the 14 days to completely delete what ever is left of my data on Facebook. Which was only my name. My problem is I still have the birthday data on my iPad I don't want to switch it off I want it deleted. This is the exact reason for getting off Facebook we have totally lost control of our ability to chose what we want to look at.
PLEASE HELP

chznrice

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
stupid birthdays

1. I cannot get rid of the birthday notifications!! I have unchecked the birthday box in the calender app, and I have completely turned off facebook in the settings app and the birthday still come back. its like a never ending nightmare. when i uncheck the birthday box in the calender app, it gets rid of the birthdays for a few days and then they come back! what do i do??

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
  1. I cannot get rid of the birthday notifications!! I have unchecked the birthday box in the calender app, and I have completely turned off facebook in the settings app and the birthday still come back. its like a never ending nightmare. when i uncheck the birthday box in the calender app, it gets rid of the birthdays for a few days and then they come back! what do i do??
You can try Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Default Alert Times (In the Calendars section a little ways down) > Birthdays > None.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.