Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which feature would you be the most excited for?

• Predictor

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Custom Notifications

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Location-Based Actions

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Dynamic Icons

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • Widgets

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • Siri API

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Offline Siri

• Quick Reply (Messaging)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • New UI

Votes: 240 55.3%
  • Something Else (Be sure to post what)

• Total voters

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
What would you guys like to see in IOS 7?

Personally, I don't think i'd could ask for much more. I just reviewed my jail broken tweaks on 5.1.1 and most of my tweaks was added in IOS 6.

Just wondering what everyone else is interested in.

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
  • Home screen widgets and / or Notification widgets - especially on iPad.
  • Better use of notification bar -- on the iPad especially: why can't we reply to an email / message direct from the notification bar?
  • I'm not too bothered about maps improvement, unless Google doesn't release an maps app for iOS
  • Fix the 'search' in the app store for iPhones / iPod Touches.
  • Better use of screen for multitasking on iPad, and even iPhones / iPod Touches.
  • Redesign some default apps -- make it more consistent - if Apple are gonna use black bars, then make everything use black bars.
  • Something amazing, that nobody has ever seen before...I'm still waiting for Apple to do something amazing and new ('innovative') with iOS.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
- A central documents folder. Making it easier to share files between apps.
- Back and Forward page gestures in Safari.
- Dual screen AirPlay support for built in apps. That is to say display content in a way optimized for television, instead of just mirroring the screen between black boxes.
- Relaxed multitasking restrictions while your iDevice is plugged in. Like allowing apps more than ten minutes to perform task in background.
- Ability to reply to IMs without switching apps.
- Ability to display your music library from the multitasking bar by holding down on the play button.
- Optional Magic Mouse support for the iPad.
- Better support for secondary functions on BT keyboard. Eg. page up/down; map mission control to multitasking bar.
- Lower minimum brightness setting on iPad. iBooks can set it lower; I'd like that option to be universal.
- A way to bring up the playback controls on the lock screen without having to double click the home button.
- Toggle for Do Not Disturb within notification center; Just like Mountain Lion.

Edit 10/1:
- Option to see notifications from other devices on the same network. So for example you could start a large download on your Mac and leave then the room, with a notification appearing on your iDevice when it's done. Or if you receive a call on your iPhone you could see the caller ID information without having to look away from your Mac's or AppleTV's screen. To avoid confusion the notification could be prefaced with the name of the originating device.

1/7:
- Generally tighter integration between iOS apps and their Mac and AppleTV counterparts. Like being able to start a FaceTime call on the desktop and, with the tap of a button, have the call transfer to your iPhone. Or choosing from which device you'd like to have Home Shared media in the Music and Video apps play, even being able switch between them while playing. (This would render the separate remote app largely redundant.)

Last edited:

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Quick settings or something (for wifi/3g/data especially).

Brightness instead of volume control when 2 tapped home button and swipe 2 sideways on iPhone, why do we need volume when we have dedicated volume buttons on the side?

maybe dynamic icons rather than widgets.

better notifications on the iPad, notification bar is a joke especially since pulling down doesn't even give us the battery %!!

ipod battery %.

obviously maps, but that should be done ASAP rather than wait until ios7.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I think it's obvious there will be UI changes, especially for the bigger iPhone screen.

iOS 6 couldn't do a lot because it would have revealed the larger screen months in advance.

Plus Apple usually addresses the major issues of what everyone is complaining about at the time: apps, push notifications, multitasking, etc. iOS 6 was the first time many didn't really know what to expect until maps got leaked

catskillthunder

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
* Would love to see a default MMS/Text app that you can just reply from the splash screen when a msg gets sent to you. (ie BiteSMS)

* Wouldn't mind a UI change. Maybe the ability to resize icons.

* No widgets other then what's available now. widgets are Androids thing, let Apple innovate something better.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
If you got a iPhone 3GS or iPhone. 4 good luck. In getting ios 7 next year

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
Umm working maps would be good. :)

maps actually work well considering this is the first release! Only issue i've seen is from the business listings.

How many people on these forums could create a maps app and have it totally bug free on the first release? I've already started correcting errors locally and the more people who do the same, the better the maps become!

and why do you say this? I have 4s

ignore them... there's no reason for apple not to release ios7 for the iphone 4 since they are still selling it!

Upgrades from apple are far better than any android phone ;)

Last edited:

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
and why do you say this? I have 4s

I said iPhone 4 not the. 4S

Am 100% sure. That ios 7 8 and. May be 9 will come too the iPhone 4S

But what am not sure of is the iPhone 4 that will be Geting ios 7 if it dos It will likey olny be bug fixes

iPhone. 3GS. Will likey not get ios 7 at all

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2012

But what am not sure of is the iPhone 4 that will be Geting ios 7 if it dos It will likey olny be bug fixes

The iPhone 4 will more then likely get iOS 7 IF it's not a huge update.

Does your keyboard work btw?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

Um source?

I bet the 4s gets partial features of the ios7 and bug fixes in ios8. Dropepd from ios 9. Why? precedent

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
Um source?

I bet the 4s gets partial features of the ios7 and bug fixes in ios8. Dropepd from ios 9. Why? precedent

There is no source this saying it could

The iPhone. 4S is still a vary new phone wish came out in 2011 of last year

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
A big important area that Apple needs to work on, hopefully for iOS 7 is the default photos app.

It would be nice to do pretty simple things, like sort by date, file size etc

And some more advance things like tagging, rating, face tagging, view the exif data, delete batch from 'xx' to 'xx' and sort by 5 star rated etc

For me, it's been one of the most neglected areas of iOS and it's such an important one!

:)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
A big important area that Apple needs to work on, hopefully for iOS 7 is the default photos app.

It would be nice to do pretty simple things, like sort by date, file size etc

And some more advance things like tagging, rating, face tagging, view the exif data, delete batch from 'xx' to 'xx' and sort by 5 star rated etc

For me, it's been one of the most neglected areas of iOS and it's such an important one!

:)

This! Great point. No matter how much I try to keep my photos straight I can't find them half the time. I kind of wish they were actually moved out of the camera roll and into the folders I put them so I could keep better track of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.