Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sixpack446

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I have the brand new iPhone 5 and for some reason Siri is giving me the wrong weather forecasts. I live in New York and every time I ask it for the weather it gives me the forecast for New York, Texas.

I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem. When I ask Siri where I am it gets that right. It even tells me the address of the house I am in, but when I ask it for the weather it screws up.

triplenick

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2011
New York
I have the brand new iPhone 5 and for some reason Siri is giving me the wrong weather forecasts. I live in New York and every time I ask it for the weather it gives me the forecast for New York, Texas.

I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem. When I ask Siri where I am it gets that right. It even tells me the address of the house I am in, but when I ask it for the weather it screws up.

It does the same thing with me too on my iPad 3. It's an iOS 6 error. I thought that it was just me!

iRabbit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Long Island, NY
Same issue today. I specifically asked for New York City and still got New York, Texas.

Asking for weather in "my area" seems to work okay though.

Sixpack446

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
It does the same thing with me too on my iPad 3. It's an iOS 6 error. I thought that it was just me!

So I am not alone? I wonder if it is just New York that is screwed up. Maybe we will get some more people in here to find out how widespread this issue might be.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
What happens if you ask for New York, New York? Or New York City, New York?

Nevermind. I asked and Siri took a nap. No response.

Last edited:

nycfonephreak

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Same issue today. I specifically asked for New York City and still got New York, Texas.

Asking for weather in "my area" seems to work okay though.

Asking for "my area" doesn't help. Asking using my zip code is the only way to get the right forecast for NYC on my iPad 3rd Gen

My friend sitting right next to me using an iPhone 4S with location services and Siri turned for the 1st time ever, got the correct NYC forecast the first time (using iOS 6). All subsequent requests are giving the same wrong results (forecast 93' today).

Last edited:

tendsc

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I have the same problem on my iPhone5. Tried it using English, Spanish, and Cantonese - Siri gave me the weather from New York, TX each time.

MarcDC

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Same problem with the iPhone 5 and the weather being set to New York, TX. Ridiculous. I'm also having some issues with Siri taking like 10-15 seconds to respond, and I'm on FiOS wifi with 45mb down

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have the same problem on my iPhone5. Tried it using English, Spanish, and Cantonese - Siri gave me the weather from New York, TX each time.

Using different voices/languages for Siri shouldn't make any difference anyway. That's just voice interface used. It's the location services that are responsible for determining your exact location and that's probably where the problem lies.

mojo pin

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest,US
It's happening to me too! I did a search yesterday for something in Saint Louis and after that, no matter what I asked Siri to find it would use Saint Louis as my location. There have been a few times where it will just pull up some random location very far from me. But as another poster mentioned, if I specify "near me" or "in my area" it will always work.

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I live in a city with the same name as a much larger state capital elsewhere. I specified the state and she pulled the right info.

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Add me to the list. I live in Brooklyn and it gave me Texas this morning. When I asked for Brooklyn, it did give Brooklyn though.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
Are you asking it like this:

"What's da weather in New Yawk?"

Or just ask for Manhatten...(which will probably give you Kansas' city.lol)

87am

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
I wonder if this is tied into Siri using the new half-ass maps as a reference.

Stlchic85

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
My IPhone 5 is doing the same thing. I ask her for the weather in St.Louis, MO and she still gives me St.Louis, Georgia. Very annoying. I just asked her "in my area" and she's still giving me Georgia. I ask her my location and she's spot on.

g8k3pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2008
Oh, the humor in Siri

So, not only do both my iDevices (iPad 3 and iPhone5) have Siri reporting the weather incorrectly, she does it for both New York City and Brooklyn. And while Siri gives us NYC dwellers the weather for New York, TX, did you know that the Brooklyn report I get is actually from Brooklyn, OH. I checked this on the Yahoo page that comes up when you click on the Yahoo logo in the weather report?

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I have been having problems with Siri since Sunday. Every question that I ask she saids that their has been a problem could you tried again. I did a reset on my phone 4s and it did not fix anything. Anyone knows what could be the issue?

Sixpack446

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Hey it seems to have been fixed. I now get the weather for New York City instead of New York, Texas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.