Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Not sure where to post this, but since it's happening with iOS6's Facebook integration as well, I'm posting it here.

When I post things on Facebook (pictures, status updates, anything) they no longer show up in my News Feed, they're only on my wall (although my friends CAN see them in their News Feeds) ... Does anybody know how to fix this? The problem started suddenly one day a few months ago, and it's been this way since then. Any ideas?

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
This is a behavioral aspect of the new version of the Facebook application and is not related to iOS or iPhone 5.

It was a stupid decision by facebook's developers in my opinion. It is confusing because you do not know if your post went through successfully or not, as you have pointed out.

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
This is a behavioral aspect of the new version of the Facebook application and is not related to iOS or iPhone 5.

It was a stupid decision by facebook's developers in my opinion. It is confusing because you do not know if your post went through successfully or not, as you have pointed out.

Thanks for the info. I wish they were at least consistent between platforms - iOS and Mac integration (and the FB app on iOS) no longer show your own posts on your News Feed, but posting from the web (I use Chrome, so I'm not sure about Safari) still shows up. :confused: Very strange.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I've had this exact problem for well over a year. It's random, sometimes it works fine, sometimes not.

To resolve I usually quit the Facebook app, make sure Facebook isn't open on Safari/Chrome on the Mac. Then reopen the FB app, make sure everything is loaded then upload a picture.

Annoyingly irritating! I've sent several messages to Facebook, never got any response, but looking on Google, a few other people have the same issue from time-to-time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.