Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
One of my life goals is to travel as much as the world as possible....

Therefore, where is the next place you will travel (whether for vacation, business, any other reason).

Also feel free to recommend any place you have traveled to before and really enjoyed.

*Pictures are encouraged but by no means required.

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
The next place I will travel to is about 20 minutes away, and I will be leaving in under an hour.

To answer the question you meant - I would like to travel to the UK and/or Ireland.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
The next place I will travel to is about 20 minutes away, and I will be leaving in under an hour.

To answer the question you meant - I would like to travel to the UK and/or Ireland.

Haha nothing wrong with humor. As for UK/Ireland, I spent about a week there visiting family (specifically London). I liked it so much I plan on spending at least a semester there to study abroad.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
It won't be the next place, technically, but our next big trip we are planning is the Dempster Highway, in the Yukon. Goes from just east of Dawson City to Inuvik, on the Mackenzie Delta (on the Arctic Ocean). Well over 700km - no trees, and on gas station. We'll go in August/September - but in the winter they extend the highway with an ice road on the Mackenzie to Tuktoyuktuk on the Arctic Ocean.

Way cool.

We've done some driving in the Yukon, Whitehorse to Atlin; WH to Skagway, Alaska; WH to Dawson; and a couple of other places. It's an amazing place. They are still pulling gold out of the hills, a lot of extraction are still individuals and families placer mining. The scenery is unparalleled, and the air as clean and clear as you can get.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Asia. Not sure if it will just be Japan or if I'll be able to (or want to) add China, Thailand etc into the mix.

I last visited Japan in the nineties, been meaning to get back there since then. I was there on business, I didn't take full advantage of being there.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Sweden, just for a couple of days... Its nice and cheaper than denmark but the weather tends to be just as unpredictable.

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
It depends on the time for me.
If I go somehwere this winter I am thinking Australia.

If I go next summer it will probably be with family to Germany, then visit other places while I'm there.
I did this last summer, and went to Rome, Paris, Salzburg Austria, Mashhad Iran.
I think Salzburg is definitely a place to visit, amazing scenery. The whole place looked like a post card or some sort of perfect environment form a movie.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I think Salzburg is definitely a place to visit, amazing scenery. The whole place looked like a post card or some sort of perfect environment form a movie.

Missed a good opportunity to visit Salzburg this year and it should be as pittoresque as you described it. Next year maybe.

This year will be Istanbul with an easy 'first step onto the asian continent' for me and probably a short trip to Stockholm. If my plans work out as supposed, I can spent even the whole December in Berlin, which isn't the place to be during winter but still great as that's where I was born. :)

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I have hit pretty much everywhere I have wanted to in the United States playing golf. The last two to check off are TPC Sawgrass in Jacksonville, FL and Torrey Pines in California.

I recently got my passport and am planning to travel to Sydney next year and then Puerto Rico the following year.

Also, may take a trip with an Uncle (living here with a green card) of mine living in South Carolina to London that he takes every 6 months or so. It'd only cost me airfare, so I figure I almost have to do it.

MusicEnthusiast

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Los Angeles
Next big trip for me is Japan. I went there 4 years ago on an exchange program. Now that my brother is studying abroad for a year, I am going to visit him for Christmas/New Years. Might be climbing Mt. Fuji and watch the sunrise. I think it'll be good practice of my Japanese language skills so far :) I'm stoked!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Business trip on Wednesday to London, maybe Tokyo in October. London again in November (twice).
This year I went to LA and Cologne. It's all for business, but at least its one way of seeing bits of the world.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
next trip is to the grocery store. need milk.

place i am looking forward to going to again is City Museum in St. Louis.

the place is like every little boys best dreams come to life. crawl, climb, explore, run, touch anything you like. best money i've ever spent on admission. i've two boys (7,9) who spend the whole day trying to keep up, and all the way home fast asleep after a full day of pure exercise/fun. being tall, there are a few spots i can't get through or get stuck in, but that's also part of the fun. 3 thumbs up if you have a chance.

and then Maui or Jamaica. hard to beat Hawaiian Moons or Dunns River Falls.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
next trip is to the grocery store. need milk.

place i am looking forward to going to again is City Museum in St. Louis.

the place is like every little boys best dreams come to life. crawl, climb, explore, run, touch anything you like. best money i've ever spent on admission. i've two boys (7,9) who spend the whole day trying to keep up, and all the way home fast asleep after a full day of pure exercise/fun. being tall, there are a few spots i can't get through or get stuck in, but that's also part of the fun. 3 thumbs up if you have a chance.

and then Maui or Jamaica. hard to beat Hawaiian Moons or Dunns River Falls.
The City Museum is awesome

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
Haha nothing wrong with humor. As for UK/Ireland, I spent about a week there visiting family (specifically London). I liked it so much I plan on spending at least a semester there to study abroad.

Ireland is fantastic. My wife and I spent our honeymoon driving the coast of the entire southern half of the island over ten days, and I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could. I've never seen such beautiful views around every corner.

6226429945_4287126b14_z.jpg

6273648578_bc6044faba_z.jpg

As for me, we'd like to see Rome, Venice and the Amalfi Coast next. Maybe a trip to the East Coast in the interim.

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
I'll be going to Cape Town in December.

I'm really itching to get back to the UK sometime soon too. This is the first year in five that I haven't been there at least once.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Ireland is fantastic. My wife and I spent our honeymoon driving the coast of the entire southern half of the island over ten days, and I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could. I've never seen such beautiful views around every corner.

Ditto. Spent a week in Shannon for my buddys wedding. Very quaint, sleepy little area but very scenic indeed. It was along the coastline so there were some very nice places to see although I didn't get to see much since I was there for a wedding :( and I didn't have my DSLR with me either :mad:

For me, back to Denver (again) for another ski trip next February. Normally I like to visit someplace only once unless it's somewhere international but, it's Denver so going back to Vail/Breckenridge/Keystone ain't exactly a bad thing IMO :p

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

As for me, we'd like to see Rome, Venice and the Amalfi Coast next. Maybe a trip to the East Coast in the interim.

I love the Killarney area of Ireland. This fall I'll be taking one of those Viking River Cruises from Amsterdam to Prague. Fingers crossed it is worth it however, I've received lots of positive feedback as to their enjoyment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.