Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominion155

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
It says "For Apple Retail Stores, buy online between 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. for in-store pickup the next day. Limited quantities available." Does that mean we just do the normal purchase methods and it will ship to nearest apple store? Or is there gonna be a separate checkout button?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Trying to decide if I want to leave the safety-net of unlimited data, or take the plunge to new horizons with AT&T. :eek:

For those with AT&T, does the phone come with a built in AT&T data cap metering program, whereby you can set it for the plan you have, or is their an app for such? I have never had to worry about data use before.

----------

wait guys lets get this cleared up
is it 10PM EASTERN TIME or 10PM PACIFIC TIME for the US?
I am interpreting it to be eastern time.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
wait guys lets get this cleared up
is it 10PM EASTERN TIME or 10PM PACIFIC TIME for the US?

I think it's 10 PM your local time. When they did this with the 4S, it was 9:01 PM your local time.

I remember reserving my 4S at 9:01 PM CST (my local time).

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Trying to decide if I want to leave the safety-net of unlimited data, or take the plunge to new horizons with AT&T. :eek:

For those with AT&T, does the phone come with a built in AT&T data cap metering program, whereby you can set it for the plan you have, or is their an app for such? I have never had to worry about data use before.

----------

I am interpreting it to be eastern time.

I don't think any carrier really supports that. As far as I know, only Android proactively will prevent you from going over your cap if you setup data limits and the correct reset date.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
BasicGreatGuy said:

No, the phone does not come with a buit in AT&T data cap metering program. However you can check myAT&T app to track your data usage. I believe for LTE you get throttled once you reach the 5 GB mark.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
No, the phone does not come with a buit in AT&T data cap metering program. However you can check myAT&T app to track your data usage. I believe for LTE you get throttled once you reach the 5 GB mark.

Wish I could afford the 5gb plan. :cool: If I do make the purchase, I will have to stick with the 3gb plan, as it is closer in line to what I am paying now with Sprint.

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2010
can i reserve the full price off contract phone? i tried app and it requires me to select the provider?:confused:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Wish I could afford the 5gb plan. :cool: If I do make the purchase, I will have to stick with the 3gb plan, as it is closer in line to what I am paying now with Sprint.

Oh I may have read your topic wrong. I thought you meant unlimited on AT&T my bad. As for the throttle, it only happens on unlimited. If you go with the tiered data plan, try not to go over the cap, if you do, you get charged 10 bucks for every 1 GB you go over.

Sk8mfm

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
Does anyone know if the apple app is going to be able to reserve the 5?

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
If i cant buy the At&T device only, currently I am out of contract with sprint would I be able to buy the iphone $199, AT&T cheapest plan, and activation pay the ETF and be able to get the phone unlocked and out of the contract without any problems? I would get a new number. I wish I could just purchase it without activating it. I plan on going with straight talk for now. If I decide I don't want it or the contract can I return it unopened and get a refund on everything including the activation?

Gray Tragedy

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
Anyone know if you use Apple's online reservation system with a Verizon account, if you will get Verizon's unlocked version? Just want to be sure.

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
i've pre-ordered black 64gb from Verizon with arrival date of Oct 5...can i somehow do this to reserve at the store and then cancel the Verizon phone order? kind of want to switch to white...ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.