Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
i've pre-ordered black 64gb from Verizon with arrival date of Oct 5...can i somehow do this to reserve at the store and then cancel the Verizon phone order? kind of want to switch to white...ideas?

You'd have to cancel first.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Does anyone else get this too?

"Inventory updated nightly at 10 p.m. Currently unavailable at null."

mhaniff

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
NYC
Does anyone else get this too?

"Inventory updated nightly at 10 p.m. Currently unavailable at null."

Yeah I'm getting this MSG also after selecting a specific store.

But even if I do select a store with stock, the pick up selection is still grayed out.

Using the apple store app.

lamenramen

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Well this online reservation system is an epic fail. OK, not epic. It's been 20 minutes so far. But still.

FamousLastX

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
So when the system is up and working properly, you just add the phone to your cart like normal and then would choose the store pickup option, correct?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
so it pretty much confirmed that its 10 pm central or apple is just a bit late updating their site?

cello2456

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Have you ever heard of a company that makes it this difficult to spend money on their products?

huskerchad

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
For anyone wondering, I canceled a pre-order tied to my AT&T account. The upgrade wasn't released immediately, but it only took a few minutes and I am now able to get upgrade phones into my cart. I'm having the same issue with grayed-out "pick up" as everyone else, though.

phil83

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Washington, DC
I've now tried multiple times, removing the phone from the cart, exiting out, and then re-purchasing the phone but still no luck.

The option to "Pick up: Visit an Apple Retail Store. Limited quantities may be available" is grayed out.:(

Also tried adding the zip code to the estimating tax and delivery, guessing that it might show me apple stores in the area.

VXC

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
I think it's 10 PM local time of where you live.

It's 9:21 PM (CST), so only 39 minute to go.

It would make sense that its 10pm local time. I assume all stores close at 9pm and inventory is taken immediately then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.