Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
:confused:
iphone 5 (ios 6)
1) had music match DL (1500 Tracks from playlist overnight - 10hrs)
2) get morning maybe 300 track still need DL but suck on a song (should been done by this point)
3) I listen to the track which stuck DL and usually this pushes Music Match finish DL the song (doesn't list 80% complete)
4) I listen to next tracks after stuck track and will DL only given track I listen to (normal from MusicMatch)
5) Even when logging out of iTunes Account which (off Music Match automatically)
6) Log back in iTunes and try DL an App but gets stuck in waiting status

So currently I am unable to download any apps. I can listen to streamed music not on the phone from MusicMatch. I can reply to email or upload a pic I take to the cloud. But can't DL an new apps on iphone 5 all get stuck in waiting status. Any ideas?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Have you tried rebooting the phone (power and home bottoms pressed until the Apple logo appears)?

If it is a wifi issue, maybe reset network settings or router?

BTW, I'm John from Albany (actually East Greenbush).

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Are you on WiFi? Maybe you are having the WiFi issue like many others are having...

Yea is good idea but problem started at home where I did have wifi and now at work where I don't have wifi.. Also being able to listen the track that was problem and look at websites as welll. Really think this is a programmatic glitch (being programmer myself). Generally if you are using Music Match and listen to a track that needs to DL it will complete the track once you listen to maybe half of it.. This one I listen to a few times and still wont DL the track. I just looking for a way to reset the phone so I can DL apps again then I can try play with getting music Match start DL music again. The bitch of it is that I am almost gone with 30 gig of music I wanted to DL to it.

----------

Have you tried rebooting the phone (power and home bottoms pressed until the Apple logo appears)?

If it is a wifi issue, maybe reset network settings or router?

BTW, I'm John from Albany (actually East Greenbush).

Well I tried logged out iTunes store, which automatically turns off Music Match. Then turning the phone off. Then turning the phone on and then logging back into iTunes to DL an app. Still gets stuck in waiting status.. So just point out MusicMatch is no longer on just trying DL an app.

I'm DL this on cellular (at work) but just chrome app and should be able to DL that or get an error saying you need a wifi connection.

BTW.. thanks these are good suggestions...

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
You have to tap them.

I have to tap what, icons to restarted DLing them..?

Hell I totally delete the apps and remove iTunes sign in.. Then turn off Phone.. Then turn on phone.. then resign into iTunes and try DL the apps.. and stay in waiting status..

I mean knowing alittle about "Music Match" because had it for about a year now and I have a 40 gig size library.. When Music Match is DL tracks you don't DL apps (this is a given). So seems in my case music Match failed for whatever reason, so the OS still thinks it needs to DL song but doesn't. So I can't DL apps because OS still has phantom music tracks to download. So that is where (I believe) I am stuck.. Somehow I need to reset this DL process. Any ideas besides a full restore of my phone would be great. Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Just reboot the phone normally (hold down the top Sleep/Wake button until you see the "Slide to power off" control).

No need to do a "hard reboot" (holding both home and Sleep/Wake).

Once you reboot, the apps should start downloading on their own. I've had it happen once or twice on my iPad under iOS5

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro

Hell I totally delete the apps and remove iTunes sign in.. Then turn off Phone.. Then turn on phone.. then resign into iTunes and try DL the apps.. and stay in waiting status..

I mean knowing alittle about "Music Match" because had it for about a year now and I have a 40 gig size library.. When Music Match is DL tracks you don't DL apps (this is a given). So seems in my case music Match failed for whatever reason, so the OS still thinks it needs to DL song but doesn't. So I can't DL apps because OS still has phantom music tracks to download. So that is where (I believe) I am stuck.. Somehow I need to reset this DL process. Any ideas besides a full restore of my phone would be great. Thanks,

Chris

Tap on the app that is "waiting." It will probably say "Paused" after you tap it. Tap on it again, and it should start downloading with the status bar.

This happened to me over the weekend. Not while doing music match, but everything stopped and things seemed to continually get backed up until I did the above fix. I'm not sure if this is an iOS 6 issue or if it was a fluke. Either way, it happened and I was able to fix it.

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Just reboot the phone normally (hold down the top Sleep/Wake button until you see the "Slide to power off" control).

No need to do a "hard reboot" (holding both home and Sleep/Wake).

Once you reboot, the apps should start downloading on their own. I've had it happen once or twice on my iPad under iOS5

For the hell of it.. I tried this because I been deleting any app I tried DLing so I started DL then turned off the phone and turned back on and still in waiting status. I believe the Music Match is locked up the DL process which I stated before..

----------

Tap on the app that is "waiting." It will probably say "Paused" after you tap it. Tap on it again, and it should start downloading with the status bar.

This happened to me over the weekend. Not while doing music match, but everything stopped and things seemed to continually get backed up until I did the above fix. I'm not sure if this is an iOS 6 issue or if it was a fluke. Either way, it happened and I was able to fix it.

nope the app doesn't say paused.. I know paused as well having owned every iphone since 3GS. No it says "Waiting" and if you tap it darkens for a bit and that is it..

I thank you all for your responses.. and could be something simple but I am guessing.. the answer involves knocking out a phantom Music Match DL process... I believe this what making the phone not DL anything.. so tapping.. turn off the phone ect.. that isn't going to work..

Vctr

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
I had this happen to me once ... Go into your iTunes app on your iPhone and check your Downloads ... You should be able to see a list of the apps you're trying to download, but check to see if there is anything at the top of the list that is "clogging it up".

There were some songs that my iPhone was trying to download, but for some reason never could. I had to call Apple to release these downloads from my download queue.

tcb9289

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
You have to tap them.

I don't know why, but multiple taps on the "waiting" icon does sometimes work for me in this situation (but not always). It usually takes 3-5 taps, and the app status will switch to loading.

However, as to the question about iTunes Match . . .I've found that there are tracks in my library that my device just can't pull down from iTunes. The song gets about 3/4 of the way through the download then just hangs with the status ring around the stop download button . . . so frustrating.

Sorry if I missed this above, but you've tried hitting the stop button beside the track that's downloading? (Actually, I'm not even sure I've seen that button in iOS6)

Good Luck!

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I had this happen to me once ... Go into your iTunes app on your iPhone and check your Downloads ... You should be able to see a list of the apps you're trying to download, but check to see if there is anything at the top of the list that is "clogging it up".

There were some songs that my iPhone was trying to download, but for some reason never could. I had to call Apple to release these downloads from my download queue.

ding ding ding ding.. we have a winner..

OK now I can see all this songs that are trying to get DL even with Music Match turn off in iTunes App (never thought to check there).. I thought when turning off music matching that DL songs would stop.. That isn't the case. There is a full querey of track (300+) still wanting to be DL. That is the problem.

I wish there was a way I could just delete tracks that are set to DL. Because I don't want to DL them on cellular at the moment..

chrisfromalbany

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Update.. I went and hit pause on all 300+ tracks to download. Funny seemed be DL the tracks even on cellular even after I clicked button telling not to DL music unless on Wifi. So after doing this I DL a test App and worked. Only problem is think between this day and day setup my iphone 5, I went over the Cap (unlimted plan) and now getting throttled when DL on phone..

Mokhtar

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2013
You were 100% right
I was stuck in same issue
Thanks god it works for me now am downloading google+ app :) , just RIGHT now

I found the problem that I was downloading nearly 100 files from iTunes and it still didn't finish
Every time I try to download an app it says waiting .
After deleting all the suspended podcasts and files from iTunes , now I am downloading apps thanks to you , that's what makes me register to this forum just to say it works for me
And thank you hope it work for you too , deleting all the suspended podcasts in iTunes .

Chris

rjan22

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2011
Easy fix!!!

Check iBOOKS, MUSIC, VIDEO you bought on iTunes free or not then either resume them all to finish it or cancel them then BAM BOOM BALLA!!!!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.