Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dunkin1

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
New Guy Here

Just ordered mine here in Pittsburgh. Didn't show up right at 10. It took a few minutes. There were still phones available for a long time after I ordered mine (AT&T 16GB BLACK). Now I have to see about returning that Walmart presale card.

NewtEm

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
What is your pre order date then? if it's still the 14th you will get it by the end of this week..according to various sources.. otherwise cancel that pre order..thats what I did. I was with AT&T..pre ordered on the 19th! (yeah I know..) after seeing the commotion I realized Ill get it in November.. and here I am...2 days after canceling my pre order I have my iPhone 16 black waiting for me for pick up tomorrow :)

Final verdict is... If your effective pre order date is 15th or later.. drop it and hunt for the pick in store option :)
My preorder is the 22nd because I thought my preorder on the 14th went though . Guess I'll take my chances with the pick up option

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
guys i dont get it , i add the iphone to the cart, i choose PICK UP, It asks me for my Zipcode and then EVERY single apple store says "unavailable for pickup", im in New York, so i guess the next day pickup option is all booked for all apple stores in NY?

bjornm

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2008
guys i dont get it , i add the iphone to the cart, i choose PICK UP, It asks me for my Zipcode and then EVERY single apple store says "unavailable for pickup", im in New York, so i guess the next day pickup option doesn't apply to ny?

They are all out of stock now. ATT/32GB/Black was the last one to to at 5th Avenue. I actually have one booked there that I need to cancel in case you want it...

vondi

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
is it working for anybody in CST timezone?

all stores are unavailable for pickup...in 60610

vondi

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
it worked for me.. i was able to place an order.. 16 gb Black ATT

in Michigan Ave Chicago.

YorkSync

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Finally was able to schedule a pick up for a 64GB Black IP5 on AT&T in Orlando woohooo. glad i wont have to wait 3-4 weeks:D

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
it worked for me.. i was able to place an order.. 16 gb Black ATT

in Michigan Ave Chicago.

+1 :)

I just found this thread (and this forum) by literally googling "iphone 5 unavailable for pickup". Then, I saw your post.

Here's basically what everyone has to do: on your iPhone in the apple store, when you get to the locator, simply keep pressing the store fields. As you do, they update, even though it likely says "unavailable for pickup" most of the time.

Same goes for ordering via your PC/Mac browser. Simply keep clicking "locate" with the same zip code entered. That's what I did. Eventually the Michigan Ave store in Chicago turned to available and BANG!! ...I jump on it! :D

Although, I opted for the white 16 GB in hopes of scratches being less visible.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
2nd night in a row trying to reserve. The Keystone store in Indianapolis didn't have either color of the 16GB on AT&T, guess ill check again tomorrow.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
FINALLY!!! Well, it wasn't the 64GB white that I wanted but I was able to reserve a 32GB white just now!!!

katiebethbeth

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I am not currently eligible for an upgrade with AT&T, but my husband is .... and he's being nice and letting me use his upgrade :) In order to order the phone, I have to put in my husband's phone number... anyone know if this is going to be a problem when I pick the phone up in store? or can they easily just apply my phone number to the phone? (hope this made sense!)

Latino4Me

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2003
I just got iPhone 5 White & Silver 64GB, picking it up from Orland Square, IL only one that had that in Chicagoland. I, initially, wanted the black one but there was none available. I am ecstatic.

WAPilot

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
Washington State
Yippee

Well I ordered last night, went into this store this morning...got my new iPhone 5. No issues. Quick and painless. Cancelled my pre-order that wasn't suppose to be here until the 2nd or 3rd week of October.

ALSO inventories didn't update until just after 10pm PACIFIC STANDARD TIME last night.

ixbilalxi

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
I am not currently eligible for an upgrade with AT&T, but my husband is .... and he's being nice and letting me use his upgrade :) In order to order the phone, I have to put in my husband's phone number... anyone know if this is going to be a problem when I pick the phone up in store? or can they easily just apply my phone number to the phone? (hope this made sense!)
Yeah put in his number and than take it to an ATT store and switch the numbers.

I got a preorder yesterday at an austin store and did the same thing.

trev1

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
ALSO inventories didn't update until just after 10pm PACIFIC STANDARD TIME last night.
so they updated at 1am eastern time? seems like they upated here at 10pm but i backed out of the black 16gb cause of all the scratches im hearing about and i love my white 4s...also it would have been a 45 min drive after 8 hrs of work for me :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.