Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I bought a black Sprint iPhone 5 for a friend for overseas and he wanted an unlocked iPhone 5. Are the Sprint iPhone 5s unlocked too? If not I have to return it and wait for either a Verizon or AT&T version at the Apple Store. Thanks in advance.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Thanks for the reply. Just read the Verizon article. I'm going to return for AT&T or Verizon model.

preneeth

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
iPhone 5 Sprint Unlocked

iPhones that were bouth without a contract in an Apple Store, but has the Sprint SIM-card in it, is not locked to Sprint. Eaven though the recipe says that.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Get a Verizon iPhone if you plan to use it overseas or don't care about (or not in ATT LTE area for the foreseeable future).

The Verizon iPhone 5 is the most flexible iPhone to have. You can use it on Verizon's network (with LTE).

You can use it on ATT's HSPA network
You can use it on T-mobile's soon to be reframed 1900 mhz 3g/HSPA network
You can use it on Straight Talk/H20 etc

You can take it overseas to use on foreign carriers since it's unlocked.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
You're missing stats on your microwave, car and batting average in your signature.

Wow you're so insightful. Anything else to say? Don't need a microwave, Mercedes, and don't play baseball. What about you?

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Yea, why do you have both a kindle and an ipad3?

Why not? iPad Retina is a tablet and the Kindle Touch is an e-reader. Two different purposes for me. Plus I get Amazon special offers on it.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
I also have a kindle and iPad. The iPad is more of a multimedia device and the kindle is more of a book reader. while the iPad can read books, you can also argue that you can read books on your computer. Not the same though.

Agreed. Although I kind of want the newest Kindle. I can't justify it. If people actually used both they would know the difference instead making an assumption. I will probably pick up a Nexus 7 or Amazon Kindle HD though to play with. At $200 it's a good price point.

phinsup

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2008
Las vegas
Nah, there's no justifying it other than money to burn.:rolleyes: must be nice...

He can do whatever he wants to with his money, I don't see anyone telling you how to spend yours. It's a $100 device, its not a lot money to "throw around".

I have a kindle and an iPad 2, go to a park or the beach in south Florida and read on both, then you'll know why I have both.

saxman211

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
I went to the Sprint store today and was told that you can unlock the iPhone on it's network after 30 days...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.