Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of the constant RIM bashing.

Leave them a damn chance with BlackBerry 10. I know they've failed in the past by always staying in their classic and basic plastic keyboard + non-touchscreen phones but none of you can say that they are non trying to fix the mistakes they made in the past.

Today, they've shown some new stuff about BlackBerry 10 and I have to admit that I'm impressed and the beta stuff they shown is light years ahead of the TouchWiz crap that Samsung want's people to love.

Also, the song they made today shouldn't be taken seriously. Do you guys really think they made that song like if they would have hopes to get a god damn Grammy? Hell, they just made that song to tell everyone that they are coming with something cool and also, they are trying to hold as much developer as possible. You have to admin that it takes some imagination to do what they did.

So. give them a chance and stop trolling.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I think by paying attention to them and by seeing and listening to what they have to offer is giving them a chance.

I don't think it's trolling to say what I've seen so far isn't impressive. I don't think it's enough to dig themselves out of the hole they're in.

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
BB10 looks nice, like a reincarnation of Nokia's Meego Harmattan OS which I loved a lot. Hopefully RIM can stick it in some nice hardware.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of the constant RIM bashing.

Leave them a damn chance with BlackBerry 10. I know they've failed in the past by always staying in their classic and basic plastic keyboard + non-touchscreen phones but none of you can say that they are non trying to fix the mistakes they made in the past.

Today, they've shown some new stuff about BlackBerry 10 and I have to admit that I'm impressed and the beta stuff they shown is light years ahead of the TouchWiz crap that Samsung want's people to love.

Also, the song they made today shouldn't be taken seriously. Do you guys really think they made that song like if they would have hopes to get a god damn Grammy? Hell, they just made that song to tell everyone that they are coming with something cool and also, they are trying to hold as much developer as possible. You have to admin that it takes some imagination to do what they did.

So. give them a chance and stop trolling.

Give them a chance? Are you serious.

RIM has been given a thousand chances already. RIM has also defaulted on their promises plenty of times.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I think BlackBerry 10 looks promising. I think the PlayBook is a good tablet. But doesn't anyone think RIM might be too late here? I was disappointed when they pushed back the launch of their next-gen OS/phones to 2013. This holiday season is the time to do it.

People will bash RIM until they do something. As of right now, BlackBerry is dead to most people.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
I like my wife's Playbook and some of things RIM has done show great promise. It is time, however, for them to underpromise and overdeliver if they are to survive. Too many times people have been led down the garden path and senior mgmt seems to have been blindsided by Apple.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
RIM? What about the Gs3 getting slammed around here? I'm tired of ijerks coming in here and calling the gs3 trash.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
you must be kidding. My blackberry 9780 bold is the worst cell phon experience I ever had.

its true that bbm is great idea(not sure why no real better alternative been found yet for other platforms such as android and ios) , but the whole thing sucks.

screen size is half or less than iphone . browsing sucks. constant crash, cant play youtube, bad media player, extremely retarded compared to current devices. seriousely it looks like Windows CE or whatever it was called back then. Best game is probably not on par with gameboy color.All thise and I pad something around $130 less than the phone that revolutionized the world , iphone 4 back then.

Not sure why you like tjis device

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
I'd still say it's the best business phone. But, Meh. BB hasn't really improved much when competition came.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
RIM needs massive work to be viable. End of story.

As of right now, they are a non-player and largely irrelevant. Smartest thing they could ever do is adopt Windows Phone, and tightly integrate blackberry services, making a true enterprise class smartphone solution.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
So this.

Many moons ago, I was a diehard Crackberry. It'll take a long time to reestablish any trust from me. Long long time...

I kinda agree with this.

Being Canadian, I would love for RIM to get out of the muck again, but they have to look UP to see the hole that they have sunken into.....

My prediction is that they will no longer be able to afford to put it in their own hardware and will end up selling/renting their OS to other manufacturers. I don't think there is enough cash to bail them out at this time unfortunately.

thecurryman

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2012
bb10 looks amazing! and i for sure will be picking up a bb10 device day 1!..well actually on the day that the qwerty version is available However, its almost too late now..by the time january rolls around, the ip5 would have sold millions, the nokia 920 will be out, the note 2 will be out..RIM should have released the phone now or maybe in a month...idk i love blackberry and RIM but its chances of becoming a major player is slowly slimming down....

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
bb10 looks amazing! and i for sure will be picking up a bb10 device day 1!..well actually on the day that the qwerty version is available However, its almost too late now..by the time january rolls around, the ip5 would have sold millions, the nokia 920 will be out, the note 2 will be out..RIM should have released the phone now or maybe in a month...idk i love blackberry and RIM but its chances of becoming a major player is slowly slimming down....

Their delay in BB10 rollout could be their undoing. However they still ave a huge user base of users (a lot of teens here use Bb's) that as long as RIM continue to support BBM will mean they should find some audience.

RIM's problem is losing the corporate market share..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.