Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d0minick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
screen light leak upper right corner. Anybody else dealing with this? Worth it to take it back? LOL would they even have stock to replace it? Will it fix itself?

Attachments

• photo.jpeg
    photo.jpeg
    786.1 KB · Views: 4,861

laurenbuffet

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Laguna Beach
Call Apple and let them know, then set up an Appt at the Genius bar. Going in without an appt today would be like walking into the pits of hell. Also make sure you're getting a brand new phone, and not a refurbished 5 when they replace it. Lightleaks = Automatic Replacement at Apple.

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
I feel your pain this happend to me with a Ipod touch. It was noticed after installing my zagg. :rolleyes:

d0minick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
just made a app with genius at 10AM tomorrow. I wonder if they will have replacements in stock.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
just made a app with genius at 10AM tomorrow. I wonder if they will have replacements in stock.

They generally set aside phones for replacements. Not sure if you will get a brand new retail box one or the ones that come in the little black plastic box.

sean800

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Same thing, but I think I'm gonna wait until the demand dies down a bit before I do anything about it. It'll give me a chance to see how well the thing holds up without a case.

meeksdigital

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
Sonoma, CA
same thing, same spot.

So, let's figure out if this is model/size/color specific, shall we?

Mine is a 64gb Black AT&T model.

My friend with a black 16gb sprint model says he doesn't have any light leaks.

MikeR17

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
I have a different light issue. I can see light coming thru in a crevice between the screen and the metal band, right below the sleep/wake button. Anyone else see that?

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Can it fix itself?

i dont suppose there's any chance these leaks will go away? maybe glue needs to dry? that probably doesn't make any sense in this case, huh?

vineetnangia

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
It is same with me. I bought it on 22 Saturday, got it replaced today. But still second replaced set has same issue.

Let me know if you are able to get the replace and correct handset.

-Vineet

Crispin808

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
Light leak?

Is the top of the lock screen suppose to be look like this? Ie. gray band in pictures... Seems strange.

I have an iPhone 5 64GB White.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 491

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
i dont suppose there's any chance these leaks will go away? maybe glue needs to dry? that probably doesn't make any sense in this case, huh?

If we are to believe that, the glue still hasn't dried on my iPad 3 which I got on release day. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.