Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage44.png

Our sister site TouchArcade got an early peek at Bad Piggies, the contraption-focused addition to the Angry Birds-universe. The game has the Pigs building grand contraptions to steal eggs away from the birds.

The game will arrive sometime tomorrow for the iPhone, iPad and Mac. Historically, Rovio has released games at midnight Pacific time.
We start things out with the first level, which shows the very basic gist of the game then immediately jump in to some more challenging levels later in the game before utterly failing at the star-gathering sandbox mode. So far, I like it a lot. It takes the Angry Birds franchise in a direction I'm not sure anyone was expecting with a really clever spin on the "contraption building" genre.

Article Link: First Look at Rovio's 'Bad Piggies', Launching Thursday

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Honestly I hate Angry Birds, I've tried playing it many times, just couldn't get into it.. This looks like it might be better..

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Honestly I hate Angry Birds, I've tried playing it many times, just couldn't get into it.. This looks like it might be better..

Totally the opposite of me. I don't much like mobile games but Angry Birds is what I enjoyed the most. This one looks awfully clumsy to me. I won't be getting it.

iWe

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Looks great. Interesting to see if it's going to be another smash hit for Rovio.

GenesisJLS

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2009
I don't understand what's the infatuation with these games. I always thought the best independent application released for the iPhone was smule (the ocarina app).

singhjeet29

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Indeed, is it iPhone 5 compatible?

I remember one of the first videos they showed for this game, showed a 16:9 ratio video, so I believe it should be fine on the iPhone 5. I can't remember where I saw that video though.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
Looks interesting. I usually love Angry Birds games, but often don't get around to finishing them.. so I'll probably pass on this even though it's a bit different.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Looks interesting. I usually love Angry Birds games, but often don't get around to finishing them.. so I'll probably pass on this even though it's a bit different.

I end up doing the same thing on Angry Birds... never end up finishing them. But I'll probably buy this one too and not finish it as well. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.