Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2012
Basically AT&T LTE coverage ends in LA around the Getty center. I get no LTE north of there or in the valley at all...

I should have switched to Verizon. We'll be lucky to get AT&T LTE in Ventura county in 2013.

tired

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Basically AT&T LTE coverage ends in LA around the Getty center. I get no LTE north of there or in the valley at all...

I should have switched to Verizon. We'll be lucky to get AT&T LTE in Ventura county in 2013.

:/ I thought someone mentioned that they had LTE in Calabasas?

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles

AT&T doesn't offer LTE coverage in the SF Valley west of Glendale. Sucks.

stevedusa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
AT&T, even back in the 2/2.5G era are bad compare to Verizon/Sprint.

Let's face it, in SoCal GSM networks are just... well, crappy. It's down to the level where you can pretty much tell what the other end caller is on, GSM or CDMA just by listening to the quality of their voice.

Fast forward to today, VZW has pretty much all the SoCal covered with reliable, decent and sometimes fast LTE service, while AT&T struggles to cover even heavily populated area.

You snooze you loose. VZW was smart enough to acquire the 700 mHz C blocks EARLY...

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
AT&T, even back in the 2/2.5G era are bad compare to Verizon/Sprint.

Let's face it, in SoCal GSM networks are just... well, crappy. It's down to the level where you can pretty much tell what the other end caller is on, GSM or CDMA just by listening to the quality of their voice.

Fast forward to today, VZW has pretty much all the SoCal covered with reliable, decent and sometimes fast LTE service, while AT&T struggles to cover even heavily populated area.

You snooze you loose. VZW was smart enough to acquire the 700 mHz C blocks EARLY...

Monterey Park, CA 91754 is still bad area for VZW & AT&T near the Monterey Park Hospital. LTE is non existent with VZW but calls are ok with an occasional dropped call. LTE with AT&T is 1-2 bars at least and speeds are about 5 mbps down 3 mbps up which is better then their 3G network since the cell site that serves the area is still 2G at EDGE data. Calls will surely drop. That is why I have a micro cell in my home to use AT&T. Sprint, Metro PCS, T-Mobile have their cell sites located on medical offices next to the hospital so I get full reception with those.

But, still most of Monterey Park, CA 91754 is without reliable AT&T voice and I think only 1 or 2 cell sites have LTE. VZW does have LTE in Monterey Park, CA and the speeds are hands down better then AT&T when testing in the similar location McDonald's on Floral. And VZW voice is definitely more reliable. T-Mobile has invested quite a lot of money into Monterey Park, CA so their coverage is superb here.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I have been having issues with my wifi and LTE on the ip5

I am in Santa Monica (16th and Ocean Park) and I am getting3.6mbps download
and .69 mbps upload.

This sucks!!

Onefastdoc

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
Terrible AT&T speeds in Beverly Hills

This is how bad my 4G signal is in Beverly Hills. I get 0.91mpbs down and 0.05mpbs up. Oh, and that's with full signal strength on 4G. I think this is a sign for me to switch all four of my phones to Verizon, as well as the phones of all of my employees.

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I'm in Simi Valley.

I called the AT&T store (who knows how reliable it is, but figured I'd try) to ask if they had any information about the LTE rollout in the SF Valley and Simi Valley. I was told Spring 2013.

If anyone else hears about the anticipated rollout please post here. :)

Hmm, that sucks. By that time T-Mobile will begin rolling out LTE-A. I'd rather just stay on T-Mobile with an unlocked iPhone 5 and pay much less monthly.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I'm satisfied with the speeds I'm getting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 49

hamkir

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
I know this thread is focused on LA but can anyone comment on LTE speeds in the Inland Empire?

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Not going to speed test because I don't want to waste my data... but my iPhone 5 has zipped and downloaded faster than my 4S by leaps and bounds. Well worth the price of admission. Also seem to be getting better indoor reception than my G3 iPad.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
For those that switched from unlimited AT&T. What plan did u choose for verizon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.