Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I am running CyanogenMod 10 M1 series on my Verizon Galaxy S3.
I did everything needed to get Google Wallet up and running on it.
The app works perfectly. However, I went to try it out today and McDonalds and when I put my phone up to the PayPass reader.. nothing happened.
My friend was running the exact same build as me and nothing happened for him either so it isn't a hardware issue.

Anyone else on CM10 M1 having this issue? Maybe NFC just isn't working on this build of CM10? Because I know Bluetooth has some issues.

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
McDonalds isn't on the list of launch partners. That would explain why it wouldn't work. Did you check on the Google wallet site to see if that store is supported?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The app works perfectly. However, I went to try it out today and McDonalds and when I put my phone up to the PayPass reader.. nothing happened.
My friend was running the exact same build as me and nothing happened for him either so it isn't a hardware issue.

Anyone else on CM10 M1 having this issue? Maybe NFC just isn't working on this build of CM10? Because I know Bluetooth has some issues.

I've read about issues on CM10 and NFC but I don't know any specifics. I don't have anywhere to test it myself.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
McDonalds isn't on the list of launch partners. That would explain why it wouldn't work. Did you check on the Google wallet site to see if that store is supported?

It works at mcdonalds. I think there has been some woes in the last day or two with google wallet. Try resetting the app and re adding your card.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL

It definitely works at McDonalds, there are tons of YouTube videos of people using it there.

----------

It works at mcdonalds. I think there has been some woes in the last day or two with google wallet. Try resetting the app and re adding your card.

I didn't try that, kinda hard to test it a bunch since I have to be at McDonalds, making a purchase.

----------

I've read about issues on CM10 and NFC but I don't know any specifics. I don't have anywhere to test it myself.

I know CM10 has issues with Bluetooth. I really want a Nexus device so I don't have to deal with unofficial builds.. I just wish the Galaxy Nexus was on-par with the Galaxy S3's hardware.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
One other question.. before I flashed CM10 I created a Nandroid backup of my phone running touchwiz.. at the time it had a locked bootloader.

If I restore via Nandroid will that put Touchwiz back on my phone and relock the bootloader?

Stropaganda

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
One other question.. before I flashed CM10 I created a Nandroid backup of my phone running touchwiz.. at the time it had a locked bootloader.

If I restore via Nandroid will that put Touchwiz back on my phone and relock the bootloader?
It don't think it will relock the bootloader or erase root, but it will restore the ROM, which will be exactly how it was before you flashed CM10. You can get titanium backup again and restore all your apps and system data that you have backup data for.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
It don't think it will relock the bootloader or erase root, but it will restore the ROM, which will be exactly how it was before you flashed CM10. You can get titanium backup again and restore all your apps and system data that you have backup data for.

How hard is it to relock the bootloader? I ask because if I'm selling the phone.. I'd like to restore it to factory settings.

Stropaganda

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
How hard is it to relock the bootloader? I ask because if I'm selling the phone.. I'd like to restore it to factory settings.

I think there is a way to restore it to factory settings in settings in the section "Backup & reset" (at least there is on the Nexus), but I don't think that relocks the bootloader. For that, I have no idea. It won't have your data though. If you don't care after that and your buyer doesn't care, then there is no problem.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005

Was your screen on?
Common mistake. The screen must be on for NFC to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.