Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Still having this issue and have been having this issue since day 1.

I'm in Massachusetts. 1-3 bars of LTE, sometimes 4. This same issue occurs when I'm on wifi as well. It takes a few seconds and then everything is fast.

I just reset my network settings so we'll see how that it does tomorrow.

Update: This issue persisted even after resetting network settings. How do you file a ticket with Verizon?

phinsup

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2008
Las vegas
Update: This issue persisted even after resetting network settings. How do you file a ticket with Verizon?

The issue we were having did not exist on wifi, sounds like you might have a phone issue. Verizon has nothing to do with your wifi connection.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
The issue we were having did not exist on wifi, sounds like you might have a phone issue. Verizon has nothing to do with your wifi connection.

Oh, it does it on both. Upon picking up my phone from wifi or LTE, it'll just take a while for Siri to do what I want her to do. I got my iPhone 5 replaced because my first one had nicks and scuffs out of the box and it had the same issue. I initially restored my iPhone 5 from an iCloud backup done on my iPhone 4 running iOS 6, then when I went to swap my iPhone 5 for a replacement, I did a backup on the iPhone 5 and restored the new iPhone 5 from the previous iPhone 5's backup, if that makes any difference.

Don't know if this is a software or a hardware issue. I don't really want to restore my iPhone 5, but if I have to, I will. Problem is, I have a lot of voicemails and texts that I don't want to lose, hence why I backup to iCloud.

phinsup

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2008
Las vegas
Oh, it does it on both. Upon picking up my phone from wifi or LTE, it'll just take a while for Siri to do what I want her to do. I got my iPhone 5 replaced because my first one had nicks and scuffs out of the box and it had the same issue. I initially restored my iPhone 5 from an iCloud backup done on my iPhone 4 running iOS 6, then when I went to swap my iPhone 5 for a replacement, I did a backup on the iPhone 5 and restored the new iPhone 5 from the previous iPhone 5's backup, if that makes any difference.

Don't know if this is a software or a hardware issue. I don't really want to restore my iPhone 5, but if I have to, I will. Problem is, I have a lot of voicemails and texts that I don't want to lose, hence why I backup to iCloud.

I'd take a backup, do a factory restore and see if you have the same issue. If you do I'd take the phone back and test the new one in the store. If it doesn't then I'd guess it's the backup or some setting from the backup I dunno.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Have you tried rebooting your phone?

I've been seeing this as a suggested solution to most issues. Is iOS starting to become like Windows? :D

I tried testing to see if my phone has the same LTE delay issue.

Scenario 1:
Lock phone
Double-tab home button, close Safari
Lock phone
Unlock phone
Open Safari > go to macrumors.com
Result: Page loads within 2 seconds
Ask Siri a question, she responds instantly

Scenario 2:
Lock phone
Unlock phone
Open Safari > go to apple.com
Result: Page loads within 3 seconds

Go back to home screen
Open Safari > go to cnn.com
Result: Page loads within 3 seconds
Lock phone
Unlock phone
Open Safari, close all tabs, open new tab > go to yahoo.com
Result: Page loads within 4 seconds
Lock phone
Unlock phone
Ask Siri about yesterday's baseball scores, she responds within 2 seconds.

I don't think my phone has this issue. This is at my home with 2-3 bars. At my office in San Francisco, I get 4-5 bars, but LTE is way slower (probably because there are so many users in the city). Sometimes pages take 5-10 seconds to load web pages.

Last edited:

phinsup

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2008
Las vegas
Happens over LTE too, more so than it does over wifi.

You are missing my point, Verizon only handles cellular data, they have absolutely nothing to do with your wifi connection. If you are having the lag on wifi AT ALL how is it Verizon's fault? The fact that you are having it on both wifi and lte indicates that it is not a Verizon issue, but a phone issue of some sort. Schedule an appointment with apple to have it looked at, there is nothing that Verizon can do about lag on a wifi connection, that has nothing to do with Verizon. Again this is not at all the same as the problem we were having with Verizon lte. Our issue did not happen when on wifi, therefor it was a Verizon problem.

Take it to apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.