Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Someone with a good eye can see I'm missing a boxed 4:th gen Ipod and a boxed 1:st gen iPod :(

IMG_2528.jpg

I'm also missing a boxed 2:nd gen mini blue and some of the first gen minis :p

IMG_2527.jpg

seanpercival01

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
My "collection" is tiny, simply a sixteen GB bit and a one gig White Nano. Since I got the bit, i do not use the nano the least bit. I've got somebody intrested in it however i used to be associate simple once I bought it and had it inscribed with my name. will anyone skills to urge obviate the engraving in an exceedingly method which will not destroy the rear all together??

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Is the first iPod Nano and the first iPod Shuffle for 15 dollars for both a good deal?

It all depends on whether they are in good shape or not and what accessories you will get...but it seems like a good deal ;)

My "collection" is tiny, simply a sixteen GB bit and a one gig White Nano. Since I got the bit, i do not use the nano the least bit. I've got somebody intrested in it however i used to be associate simple once I bought it and had it inscribed with my name. will anyone skills to urge obviate the engraving in an exceedingly method which will not destroy the rear all together??

I'm not sure I quite follow you there, but if you had laser etched text on the back of an iPod, its there for ever I think! :confused:

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
That's the spirit ;)

:D :D :D

WOW:)

You know i really need all of those in that photo besides the ones i have.

I'll be looking for sealed ones in ethier size.

Will you be getting the 7th gen nano's in every colour.
I'll be buying like 1-3 and a product red one will be my first one to get when it comes out in october.

They are only in 16gb which cost $169AUD but that is quite cheap since the 8gb 6th gen was $199AUD back in the day and $248AUD for the 16gb.

Will be getting the product red touch 5th gen and the product red (NEW) shuffle which basically is the shuffle 4th gen which hasn't even changed since 2010.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Not sure if I've done a post here yet my collection is a big one:

Classics:
1G - 5GB
2G - 20GB
3G
4G Photo
5.5G U2 Edition
6G (Current Revision) - Silver

Nano
1G White
2G Red
3G Red
4G Red
5G Red
6G Red and Silver
7G Red (On Order)

Shuffle
1G (with all accessories)
2G (silver, red, orange, blue, and a few others)
3G (silver, black, green, limited edition unopened, a few others)
4G (silver and green unopened)

Touch:
4G 32GB

I've got more but those are just off of my memory - I'm working on a rather in-depth book about the iPod that is launching at Macworld iWorld 2013 - stay tuned for more info about that in the coming months :)

Tim

Davy.Shalom

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2008
Not sure if I've done a post here yet my collection is a big one:

Classics:
1G - 5GB
2G - 20GB
3G
4G Photo
5.5G U2 Edition
6G (Current Revision) - Silver

Nano
1G White
2G Red
3G Red
4G Red
5G Red
6G Red and Silver
7G Red (On Order)

Shuffle
1G (with all accessories)
2G (silver, red, orange, blue, and a few others)
3G (silver, black, green, limited edition unopened, a few others)
4G (silver and green unopened)

Touch:
4G 32GB

I've got more but those are just off of my memory - I'm working on a rather in-depth book about the iPod that is launching at Macworld iWorld 2013 - stay tuned for more info about that in the coming months :)

Tim

It's no fun without pics :D

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Yea tons of pics in the upcoming book - here is one I took the other day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 151

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
WOW:)

You know i really need all of those in that photo besides the ones i have.

I'll be looking for sealed ones in ethier size.

Will you be getting the 7th gen nano's in every colour.
I'll be buying like 1-3 and a product red one will be my first one to get when it comes out in october.

They are only in 16gb which cost $169AUD but that is quite cheap since the 8gb 6th gen was $199AUD back in the day and $248AUD for the 16gb.

Will be getting the product red touch 5th gen and the product red (NEW) shuffle which basically is the shuffle 4th gen which hasn't even changed since 2010.

I think I´ll try and get all of the colours of the Nano AND the shuffle. I have already bought some of the shuffles ;) Its a costly process...I'm a bit reluctant about the touches. I think they are too "iPhone"-ish...maybe the red one :rolleyes:

Yea tons of pics in the upcoming book - here is one I took the other day.

Very nice collection indeed! Looking forward to see some more pics?

A new book ey? I'm also working on a book, but its a slow process for me! I'm not even shure if it ever will get published. I have collected tons of material during the years thou! I'm also a bit unsure on how my book would contribute to the history, after reading other books about the iPod ;)

Last edited:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
iPod books

Speaking of books...

Here are two of the best books on the subject in my opinion:

• "The Perfect Thing: How the Ipod Shuffles Commerce, Culture, and Coolness" by Stephen Levy
  • "The Cult of iPod" by Leander Kahney

I must have read Stephens book about ten times! Its fascinating to read about the history of a device that really made a dent in the universe!! I love this book!

Leanders book is more like his other book "The Cult Of Mac". I recommend both!

I have some other books as well, but they are not nearly as good as these above. Can any one else recommend a book for us to read, feel free to do so :D

Attachments

• leander.jpeg
    leander.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • levy.jpeg
    levy.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,269

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I made the 911:th post :rolleyes:

I was working as a air traffic controller in september 2001, so this date will always haunt me...and it was 42 days before the iPod introduction at Infiniti Loop 1 in Cupertino!

Last edited:

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
I bought two white 4GB Nano's when they came out.

I thought someone in my family had stolen them (nieces or nephews). I found them both tonight and am extremely happy. I'm not sure if they're gonna work, but hooked one up to my computer and it has 3 GB of music on the one and is charging.

I have both cases from Apple that they came in. I just wanted to share because I used them until I got my first iPhone. Now, I'm gonna use these... one for me and one for my son who was 4 when I first bought them! He's 15 now. (Someone correct me if my math is off... maybe he was 3)

I love 'em. 4GB of music that I worked hard to put together! :)

I'll post pics when they're charged, hopefully. :apple:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I bought two white 4GB Nano's when they came out.

I thought someone in my family had stolen them (nieces or nephews). I found them both tonight and am extremely happy. I'm not sure if they're gonna work, but hooked one up to my computer and it has 3 GB of music on the one and is charging.

I have both cases from Apple that they came in. I just wanted to share because I used them until I got my first iPhone. Now, I'm gonna use these... one for me and one for my son who was 4 when I first bought them! He's 15 now. (Someone correct me if my math is off... maybe he was 3)

I love 'em. 4GB of music that I worked hard to put together! :)

I'll post pics when they're charged, hopefully. :apple:

If he's 15 now, he should have been 8 my friend! The nano was introduced in september 2005! ;)

bruceclay85

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Great collections here. I always catch flack from the gf for "wasting" so much money on these things. Great to finally see some others that appreciate it as I do.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Speaking of books...

Here are two of the best books on the subject in my opinion:

• "The Perfect Thing: How the Ipod Shuffles Commerce, Culture, and Coolness" by Stephen Levy
  • "The Cult of iPod" by Leander Kahney

I must have read Stephens book about ten times! Its fascinating to read about the history of a device that really made a dent in the universe!! I love this book!

Leanders book is more like his other book "The Cult Of Mac". I recommend both!

I have some other books as well, but they are not nearly as good as these above. Can any one else recommend a book for us to read, feel free to do so :D

Am I the only nerd in the crowd to read about iPods? :confused:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
New shuffle

The latest iPod in my collection :D

The "new" iPod Shuffle (Product) red

IMG_2555.jpg

Sorry for the "watermarks", but I found my pictures in strange places :mad:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.